Nintendo Q1 2013 sales results are up!

#71jamie0003Posted 7/31/2013 4:14:32 AM
Give Wii U a chance, 3DS was selling badly at first and look at it now; best selling dedicated gaming handheld isn't it?
#72mini_blightPosted 7/31/2013 4:29:21 AM(edited)
CLupula posted...

Let's whip out the old chart... http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3_sale_e.html

And now, let's go over it. As you can see, by March of 2007, when the financial year 2006 ended, the PS3 had shipped 3.5 million units.

So, that takes us to Q1 2007, April/May/June...700,000 units. Not a lot, but it still puts it over the Wii U, at the same time, for a total of 4.2 million. It was during the second quarter, however, where sales begin to pick up a little and the system ships 1.3 during July/August/September. And finally, during the holiday season, the system picked up 4.9 million in sales, more than doubling its numbers. If I recall correctly, this was when the first price cut occurred. The next three months were still good, with 2.2. million, giving them 9.1 in their second fiscal year.

I don't need a link to know what the PS3 shipped. The number you've given qualifies for slightly more than Wii U within the same timeframe, like I mentioned earlier. What exactly are you disagreeing with here? No one cares about how the PS3 sold in 2008. Your comparison between the two cannot be made until 2014. Have some patience. I'm sure the Wii U will fail to surpass Sony's numbers.
#73mini_blightPosted 7/31/2013 4:17:16 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
well it's hard to say whether it's a positive or not

No, it isn't. It's a positive. No matter how much you hate it.
#74Crono19Posted 7/31/2013 4:19:38 AM
So you're telling me....

Even with no system selling first party games, poor 3rd party support, poor wii u system sales, Nintendo is still making a profit?

seems solid to me.

I can't wait to see the numbers after the major 1st party games come out. This time next year we should see some major turn around and all the trolls will eat their words.
---
I like cats....
#75snowboard340Posted 7/31/2013 4:24:31 AM
Crono19 posted...
So you're telling me....

Even with no system selling first party games, poor 3rd party support, poor wii u system sales, Nintendo is still making a profit?

seems solid to me.

I can't wait to see the numbers after the major 1st party games come out. This time next year we should see some major turn around and all the trolls will eat their words.

Well, they're probably not making a profit on the Wii U quite yet, but 3DS certainly is making a profit.
#76jamie0003Posted 7/31/2013 4:25:19 AM
Crono19 posted...
So you're telling me....

seems solid to me.

Wait till MK8 and Wii Fit U are out
#77NovaeGamerPosted 7/31/2013 4:25:46 AM
Jackal posted...
I guess this is a good news topic so I'll post in it.

I never understood why you guys actually cared about this stuff. It's not making me a single cent. For me, it's like caring about the finances of Coleco, Mattel, Atari, Sega and anyone else that has had a console on the market. I only care about the end product. The games and the consoles. If they cease to come from one source then I find another like we have been doing for the past several decades. There will always be an alternative. But that's just me.

Am I cured now, Dr. Cavebear? :)

That's a sad and honestly quite stupid attitude.....
Caring only about the product, but not about the people making them; saying, if they fail, who cares, there will be others......seriously, that's mean.
Just because most companies nowadays treat the custumer with a "I got money, what else matters"-attitude, doen't mean the customers have to treat everything with a "I got product, what else matters"-attitude.
#78Ccrules2791Posted 7/31/2013 4:26:21 AM
I cannot believe that Game & Wario, which was critically panned, was the only game released. Heck, besides Lego City and Monster Hunter, it was the only Nintendo attempt to try.

Let's see some advertising and a major effort this second half. It starts next week with Pikmin 3... hopefully something happens.
---
Playing = Believing
#79OtakuGameraPosted 7/31/2013 4:28:40 AM
No, it isn't. It's a positive. No matter how much you hate it.

hm? i dont hate it, it's good that it increases, but it's to be expected, if it did not increase, now that's cause for worry.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#80Andyliini(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:31:53 AM
Ccrules2791 posted...
I cannot believe that Game & Wario, which was critically panned, was the only game released. Heck, besides Lego City and Monster Hunter, it was the only Nintendo attempt to try.

Let's see some advertising and a major effort this second half. It starts next week with Pikmin 3... hopefully something happens.

True. Game & Wario was the only Nintendo's physical release on Wii U during this period. Lego City was released in March, so that count's as a Q4 2012 fiscal-year release. Monster Hunter is also from March, and released by Capcom, so it's more like a third party game.

Nonethless, this was bad, the only way to go from here is up. And it seems like Pikmin 3 has done some good sales all around. In Japan it was first, and even in UK, it charted second. UK is probably one of the worst places for Nintendo to sell games, so that's really positive. Hopefully it did good all around Europe.