'Im a Nintendo fan.. '

#11soarcadiaPosted 7/31/2013 12:12:57 PM
Jackal posted...
soarcadia posted...
I'm a fan of good games. I play on xbox and ps too, so I'm in no way a 'nintendo fan' exclusively. I can't deny that as a fan of good games, I play a lot of nintendo games. Right now I'm playing earthbound, pikmin 3, mario and luigi dream team, fire emblem awakening, dishonored, skies of arcadia, half minute hero, x com, beyond oasis, animal crossing, and more. So as you can see, a lot of nintendo there. I'll play anything worth my time though.

Another agreeable response.

Yup. If only everybody was like this and not a brand nazi.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7
#121shadetail1Posted 7/31/2013 12:18:04 PM
A few of you seem to have missed the rather blatant sarcasm of TC's post.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#13AaronPHughesPosted 7/31/2013 12:29:04 PM
Ima huge Nintendo fan and I haven't bought a Wii U game this year. The next one I buy will be Wind Waker. I have ZERO interest in Mario 3D and I may try out Pikmin 3 once it drops in price. The only games they are putting out that appeal to me are MK8, SSB and X. Where is Star Fox? An original IP? Hell, I would look at F-Zero too!

Nintendo's lack of concern over the Wii U has forced many gamers to play games on other consoles and buy 3rd party games on those consoles.

I love Nintendo but they need to get with the times (online) and put out some system selling games and not rehashed experiences like NSMBU
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#14FenderMasterPosted 7/31/2013 12:36:50 PM
squatch22 posted...
'But I hate every thing they do. I hate those that work for them. I hate those that like them'

Right?

I'm a Nintendo fan, therefore I want them to do better. I don't believe the games they're making, the hardware they're using, the online play and accounts systems, the release schedule, the price, nor the announced games, are as good as they should be. And in many key areas, they are lagging behind their competition, and making it difficult for third party devs to support them.

It's like having a friend who becomes an alcoholic. You still love them, and believe they can do great, but you don't like what they've become. You hope for the day when they turn their life around and start realising their potential.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#15JKatarnPosted 7/31/2013 12:41:28 PM
I'm a fan (not a fanboy) of Nintendo and their games, however this does not blind me to the fact that they've made (and continue to make) more than a few blunders during their history. Only a deluded fanboy would claim any company is peerless/perfect.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#16Waggy17Posted 7/31/2013 12:46:01 PM
shaunme posted...
"Im a nintendo fan but despite the wii u being out for 8 months and recently starting to get quality games I have no intention of buying one"

I'm a nintendo fan who bought a wii u day 1 and has nearly all first party/exclusive games, tonnes of vc/e shop games and a pro controller, but because I can criticise the weak points of this system/company= troll

Sticking a feather up your butt does not make you a chicken.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#17EndgamePosted 7/31/2013 12:51:04 PM
Fans care about the games, not sales or employee salaries.

correct

Nintendo used to make good games, Iwata took over, Nintendo slowly stopped making good games altogether

hence, **** Iwata

It's like having a friend who becomes an alcoholic. You still love them, and believe they can do great, but you don't like what they've become. You hope for the day when they turn their life around and start realising their potential.

no, it's more like having a friend who becomes a hardcore drug addict that does some killings for the dealers in order to score a fix with no chance of a turnaround

you'd rather see them die a dignified death than to keep on going the way they're going, the one you once knew and loved is no more, the individual you see before you may have the same name, the same body, but the friend is completely dead, replaced with something else
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert