Wii U sales are really bad.. link inside

#1s2goodPosted 7/31/2013 2:09:59 AM(edited)
Oh dear, it's not looking bright for its future.

According to Nintendo, between April 1 and June 30 of this year, the Wii U sold 160,000 units. Those are global sales figures. Over three months. Ouch.

http://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-sales-are-really-really-bad-973133897?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch XBLIVE = Sonic B0000M STEAM = Sonic B0000M
#2HellsingOrgPosted 7/31/2013 2:12:37 AM
The Wii U is selling worse than the Gamecube.

Well I predict early death for the console :(
Nintendo will probably discontinue in 2015-2016 and release their next console.

But it serves them right for making a tablet controller and a low hardware spec console like the wii again and not having ANY good games until 2014.

Bayonetta 2, X, Smash Bros and Zelda U will help sales a little.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#3pearl arowanaPosted 7/31/2013 2:13:36 AM
no problem.. what ever number wii u sales are..

looking at wii u weak spec with its ps360-like graphic in games.. i bet they still making money selling wii u at that price.. even the sales number are very low like that
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#4syphoned_edgePosted 7/31/2013 4:03:08 AM
s2good posted...
Oh dear, it's not looking bright for its future.

According to Nintendo, between April 1 and June 30 of this year, the Wii U sold 160,000 units. Those are global sales figures. Over three months. Ouch.

http://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-sales-are-really-really-bad-973133897?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

It'd really help you and others on this board if you stopped pandering to sensationalist media and hyperbole.
#5zachflashPosted 7/31/2013 4:10:58 AM
Nintendo and the Wii U are doing fine. They made millions of dollars in profit . . . AGAIN. Meanwhile, Microsoft and Sony continue to have their financial struggles. Wii U's performance isn't so bad when you compare it to what they did during the same time-frame of their consoles.

I predict that enthusiastic supporters of the PS4 and Xbox1 will be in for a huge shock when their consoles pop out. The economy is still very fragile and at least 75% of Americans are living near poverty or living paycheck to paycheck according to recent polling. Do you really think they'll be rushing to buy the more expensive consoles, while the Wii U is the only one that has backwards support and free internet?
---
Philippians 4:13- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
#6Sexy_L4DYPosted 7/31/2013 4:13:58 AM
zachflash posted...
Nintendo and the Wii U are doing fine. They made millions of dollars in profit . . . AGAIN. Meanwhile, Microsoft and Sony continue to have their financial struggles. Wii U's performance isn't so bad when you compare it to what they did during the same time-frame of their consoles.

I predict that enthusiastic supporters of the PS4 and Xbox1 will be in for a huge shock when their consoles pop out. The economy is still very fragile and at least 75% of Americans are living near poverty or living paycheck to paycheck according to recent polling. Do you really think they'll be rushing to buy the more expensive consoles, while the Wii U is the only one that has backwards support and free internet?

Whatever makes you sleep at night, sweetie.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqmczjD06s1qipitl.gif
#7syphoned_edgePosted 7/31/2013 4:22:37 AM
Sexy_L4DY posted...
zachflash posted...

Whatever makes you sleep at night, sweetie.

Give it a rest.
#8ARushAndAPushPosted 7/31/2013 4:24:31 AM
Of course it's bad.....

Why do people buy consoles? Games.
What was the only game released during that period? Game & Wario.

There's your answer.
#9VanderZooPosted 7/31/2013 4:44:52 AM
zachflash posted...
Do you really think they'll be rushing to buy the more expensive consoles, while the Wii U is the only one that has backwards support and free internet?

Yeah, I do actually. The worst thing Nintendo fans are doing now is excusing Nintendo by saying "it's the industry, not the Wii U". BTW, if PS4 and XB1 do as badly as the Wii U is, which they won't, then the industry is going to crash.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#10dracoguardPosted 7/31/2013 4:49:19 AM
ARushAndAPush posted...
Of course it's bad.....

Why do people buy consoles? Games.
What was the only game released during that period? Game & Wario.

There's your answer.

Exactly. It's still Nintendo's mistake though. They should have made sure there were at least three must have titles at launch. Once the great games start rolling in then we will see. On a side note I hope developers start using that controller more (Nintendo needs to lead the way on this), since right now it seems Nintendo kind of put the cart before the horse when it came to that.
---
XBL Gamertag: Toxic Sloth
PSN ID: ToxicSloth