Wii U sales are really bad.. link inside

#11WildsparkPosted 7/31/2013 3:50:47 AM
zachflash posted...
Nintendo and the Wii U are doing fine. They made millions of dollars in profit . . . AGAIN. Meanwhile, Microsoft and Sony continue to have their financial struggles. Wii U's performance isn't so bad when you compare it to what they did during the same time-frame of their consoles.

I predict that enthusiastic supporters of the PS4 and Xbox1 will be in for a huge shock when their consoles pop out. The economy is still very fragile and at least 75% of Americans are living near poverty or living paycheck to paycheck according to recent polling. Do you really think they'll be rushing to buy the more expensive consoles, while the Wii U is the only one that has backwards support and free internet?

Lmao 75% of Americans are living in poverty? Stop pulling statistics out of your ass just to prove a point.
---
PSN: TheWildspark
#12Rasputin77Posted 7/31/2013 3:57:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13mini_blightPosted 7/31/2013 4:04:17 AM
Wildspark posted...
zachflash posted...
Nintendo and the Wii U are doing fine. They made millions of dollars in profit . . . AGAIN. Meanwhile, Microsoft and Sony continue to have their financial struggles. Wii U's performance isn't so bad when you compare it to what they did during the same time-frame of their consoles.

I predict that enthusiastic supporters of the PS4 and Xbox1 will be in for a huge shock when their consoles pop out. The economy is still very fragile and at least 75% of Americans are living near poverty or living paycheck to paycheck according to recent polling. Do you really think they'll be rushing to buy the more expensive consoles, while the Wii U is the only one that has backwards support and free internet?

Lmao 75% of Americans are living in poverty? Stop pulling statistics out of your ass just to prove a point.

Near poverty or paycheck to paycheck, which is more realistic.

The 3DS struggled and has recovered, the Vita and Wii U are doing far worse than their predecessors.

That's 1 out of 3 for next gen success.

Where will the Xbone and PS4 land? According to Sony marketing, the PS4 will sell like the PS2. But their marketing is terribly flawed due to it being wrong about the PSP beating the DS, the PS3 beating the Wii, and the Vita beating the 3DS.

That's 0 out of 3 for Sony marketing.
#14zachflashPosted 7/31/2013 4:04:33 AM
Wildspark posted...
zachflash posted...

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-savings/index.html

Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.
Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all. . . . "There really hasn't been much relief," said Megan Staton, director of marketing for CashNetUSA "The economy is stagnant, $100 is not enough to help you out in an emergency."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/07/28/americans-poverty-no-work/2594203/

Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near-poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream. . . . The gauge defines "economic insecurity" as a year or more of periodic joblessness, reliance on government aid such as food stamps or income below 150% of the poverty line. Measured across all races, the risk of economic insecurity rises to 79%.
---
Philippians 4:13- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
#15FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2013 4:16:59 AM
Even 75% of Mexico isn't living in poverty....
Living paycheck to paycheck is more revealing of how you spend, not how much you earn.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#16MotiJrPosted 7/31/2013 4:19:06 AM
Sexy_L4DY posted...
zachflash posted...

Whatever makes you sleep at night, sweetie.

Shouldn't you be on a street corner somewhere?
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#17The_DjokerPosted 7/31/2013 4:25:46 AM
ARushAndAPush posted...
Of course it's bad.....

Why do people buy consoles? Games.
What was the only game released during that period? Game & Wario.

There's your answer.

Wii had a pretty crap launch too and they were out of stock for a whole year. Answer? people were excited and curious about the wii. Wii U doesn't have any interest for general public. 99% of wii U owners are Nintendo fans and/or Monster Hunter fanboys.

People keep saying "but smash mario zelda mario kart " GC had all of those titles and still sold sub 25 Mil.

wii U will probably make profit, but Nintendo's market share is going to plummet, 3rd party support will be utter crap and they will become a niche console again. The only reason Nintendo aren't out of business is because their handheld division is destroying everything.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#18halfelven23Posted 7/31/2013 4:34:32 AM
its SHIPPED not SOLD.....
TC get your fact straight (either way, its bad)
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#19Pac12345Posted 7/31/2013 4:35:56 AM
pearl arowana posted...
no problem.. what ever number wii u sales are..

looking at wii u weak spec with its ps360-like graphic in games.. i bet they still making money selling wii u at that price.. even the sales number are very low like that

I've seen you make this claim in other posts. Please answer this question, since you seem to know for sure:

The 360 and PS3 have components that are 7-8 years old. The Wii U has components that are 1-2 years old. How is it possible that hardware components from 2012 (The ones inside the Wii U) are weaker than the ones from 2005 & 2006 (360 and PS3 respectively)?

Please answer, because I cannot wrap my head around the "Wii U on par with 360" claim.
#20KaiserWarriorPosted 7/31/2013 4:40:44 AM
The 8th console generation in general is in serious trouble. The PS4 and XBO are too expensive and don't offer enough of an obvious improvement over the previous gen for most consumers to want to drop that kind of cash, not in the current economy. And nobody cares about the WiiU, sales-wise; the Wii fad buyers have long since moved on to gaming on their phones and tablets and the core audience still has the sting of a generation-long betrayal fresh in their minds.

It's a good time to be a PC owner.