With the Wii U selling so poorly do you think Atlus would want to be purchased..

#1bushidoblitzzPosted 7/31/2013 3:43:42 AM
by Nintendo?

They are niche enough as it is. Unless they would specifically make games for 3DS because they would be pretty much useless for the Wii U.

If I were them I wouldn't want Sony or Nintendo buy me.
---
I love nintendo and my bedtime is 7:30
#2splodeymissilePosted 7/31/2013 3:44:42 AM
I don't think Atlus has much of a choice.
---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#3FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2013 3:49:07 AM
splodeymissile posted...

That isn't really true. While its being called "Bankruptcy", the reconstruction Index is undergoing still allows them to choose who they plan to do business with.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#4lninjasoniclPosted 7/31/2013 4:05:05 AM
Obviously you want someone who is successful to purchase your company. I worked for a company that was bought out by a failing company overseas that wanted to use us to help them get out of debt. Unfortunately it didn't work and we both were shut down.

In Atlus' case, I think they would love to be purchased by Nintendo if they were primarily making 3DS games, which really doesn't help the Wii U at all.

What would sell more SMTxFE on Wii U or 3DS?
---
When people get a little too chummy with me I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don't really care about them
#5crikey102Posted 7/31/2013 4:09:47 AM
i'd imagine atlas would focus on the 3ds as they already pretty much are
#6bushidoblitzz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:13:21 AM
crikey102 posted...

The doesn't it seem pointless that people on this board make a million Atlus topics if they are going to get one game thats not an actual SMT game, and the rest would mainly go for 3DS?

People think that Persona 5 would be on Wii U, and all these great RPGs would be on Wii U when they would most likely appear on 3DS so they can actually make money.
---
I love nintendo and my bedtime is 7:30
#7The_DjokerPosted 7/31/2013 4:16:31 AM(edited)
Wii U is crap now, but it can pull a GC and become one of those cheap consles you buy 3 years down the line to play the 6-7 AAA GOTY calibur games later.

As for Atlus. I don't care who buys them as long as someone buys them. Can't stand Atlus Japan right now and their constant Disregard for the European Market. Someone needs to buy that company so the garbage publisher is taken over. Their game devs and IP's deserve better marketing and better publishers.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#8retrogamer28Posted 7/31/2013 12:45:17 PM
bushidoblitzz posted...
crikey102 posted...

The doesn't it seem pointless that people on this board make a million Atlus topics if they are going to get one game thats not an actual SMT game, and the rest would mainly go for 3DS?

People think that Persona 5 would be on Wii U, and all these great RPGs would be on Wii U when they would most likely appear on 3DS so they can actually make money.

Actually when you think about it, after SMT X FE, ATLUS will have at least one team who is larger enough to make HD games and knows how, and another that knows how and is willing to collaborate in development, if not simply hire some more people so that they too are large enough. So that's at least 2 HD ready teams, which is more than Retro or Monolith Soft can say. Along with their large number of teams that can make excellent handheld games with great presentation (SMTIV, EO series, really most of what they develop), ATLUS is a great value for Nintendo who has stated multiple times that they are expanding (though most people probably don't realize this means growing their current teams so that they can make HD better, along with educating current developers on how to make HD software).

I could even see ATLUS maybe opening a new studio if Nintendo bought them like Monolith Soft did, too focus exclusively or near exclusively on console games like Cathrine and SMT X FE.
---
DK `94 is my Dark Souls
#9PigfartsPosted 7/31/2013 12:46:27 PM
FayeLady posted...
splodeymissile posted...

That isn't really true. While its being called "Bankruptcy", the reconstruction Index is undergoing still allows them to choose who they plan to do business with.

are they 7 or 11?
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.