Why won't you buy a Wii U?

#1Pikachu1918Posted 7/31/2013 4:58:20 AM
If my name doesn't give it away, hopefully this opening statement will.

I am not a Sony/Microsoft "fanboy", or someone who hates Nintendo. I have enough games for Nintendo products to open a small used game store, for a week.:)

That being said, I see no "need" to buy a Wii U, where I saw a need to buy, the Wii, the Cube, the N64, ect.

For me it comes down to the games being offered and the Wii U's controls.
The Wii's sensor control was too a head of its time, and when it didn't deliver, yeah fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on U. While I think a touch screen video controller is very cool the fact that it can double as a TV, while someone watch's say Friends on it, just lowers the quality game graphics.

I look at the Wii U's lineup, and I see nothing I was as a gamer, except Earth Bound, and I am not going to blow a mint on a console for one game. As much as I love Zelda, the odd Mario, and so forth. I want my action games, I want games where my reaction time is put to the test. I don't need loads of blood, sex, and violence. I do need a challenge, and I don't see many of those games with the Wii U.

If someone from Nintendo reads this, realize the reason why the Wii U is tanking so far isn't because of bad graphics. Its due to a bad UI, and bad game so far. While you can't fix the controls, surely you can fix the game line up.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#2senelcoolidge_Posted 7/31/2013 5:03:01 AM
This was very painful to read.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#3arvilinoPosted 7/31/2013 5:04:10 AM
Pikachu1918 posted...

I look at the Wii U's lineup, and I see nothing I was as a gamer, except Earth Bound, and I am not going to blow a mint on a console for one game. As much as I love Zelda, the odd Mario, and so forth. I want my action games, I want games where my reaction time is put to the test. I don't need loads of blood, sex, and violence. I do need a challenge, and I don't see many of those games with the Wii U.

You do know earthbound isn't an action game?
#4FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2013 5:05:13 AM
The system doesn't need to be instantly successful, but it does need to start turning around rather than those managing it sticking their head in the sand.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5Pikachu1918(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 5:16:33 AM
arvilino posted...
Pikachu1918 posted...

You do know earthbound isn't an action game?

I know Earthbound isn't an action game, and is in fact an RPG. I admit I failed to mention I wanted a standout RPG or two.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#6abbyhitterPosted 7/31/2013 5:17:08 AM
I'm not buying a Wii U yet because I'm sure there will be a special sale on Black Friday. Why pay more now when I know I can get it cheaper in November?
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#7danny50Posted 7/31/2013 5:22:53 AM
Same as with the Wii, when there are at least 10 games I want to put my time into, I will get the Wii U.

So far, 0.
#8Rennik RepotsirPosted 7/31/2013 5:36:25 AM(edited)
Waiting for two games... Bayonetta 2 and Zelda U...

Everything else I have interest in, like Wonderful 101 and 3D World, gets put on the backlog queue...

*corrected*
---
FREE BUMP!!!
"Nothing suits you more than the freedom of a demon; act now, and I throw in a special servant just for you."
#9The_DjokerPosted 7/31/2013 5:37:33 AM
Overpriced, no real lineup of stellar titles and lacking 70% of AAA 3rd party titles for future, ports and rehashes, crap OS, crap online.

I'll get one 2015 or 2016 used. I didn't buy a wii until 2010 and it was dirt cheap used. Literally cost the same as a retail game.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#10pearl arowanaPosted 7/31/2013 5:42:19 AM
i bought it.. played it.. still have it .

wi u = not impressive at all.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar