Is it new news that the WiiU us selling badly?

#1kingbadjoPosted 7/31/2013 5:44:36 AM
I thought that it's been selling badly since January. Why is everyone talking about it today? Didn't we all know that sales would suck until more games come out? Only one game came out and it has an average of 2 top notch games coming out per month until the end of the year.

Anyways. Today we find out how much the WiiU has sold in it's life time at 9AM Pacfic time. 12 eastern.

I don't expect sales to skyrocket until like October.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2TransdudePosted 7/31/2013 5:46:48 AM
First sentence TC said was what I was going to say.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3MegaWinFTWPosted 7/31/2013 5:56:50 AM
It's new news that it's selling this badly.
#4Enigma149Posted 7/31/2013 5:58:30 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...

Not really.

Kirbyfan makes sure we get sales numbers for the Wii U (when it's selling badly, anyway), and anyone who was in 1st grade could have added up the numbers (fine, 2nd grade).
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#5jsb0714Posted 7/31/2013 6:01:04 AM
Apparently sales are improving. The sales trolls are resorting to "quarterly" numbers now instead of just "weekly".
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#6MegaWinFTWPosted 7/31/2013 6:02:06 AM
Enigma149 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...

Not really.

Kirbyfan makes sure we get sales numbers for the Wii U (when it's selling badly, anyway), and anyone who was in 1st grade could have added up the numbers (fine, 2nd grade).

Only shipping 10k in 3 months to Europe and Australia is pretty new and makes the global outlook a bit worse, also just having the whole quarter's numbers spelled out puts it in perspective better.
#7Enigma149Posted 7/31/2013 6:09:01 AM(edited)
MegaWinFTW posted...
Enigma149 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...

Not really.

Only shipping 10k in 3 months to Europe and Australia is pretty new and makes the global outlook a bit worse, also just having the whole quarter's numbers spelled out puts it in perspective better.

Again, not really - all game systems do this.

Sony (sorry - I know you hate bringing up other video game companies on this board, but I need a comparison) shipped very few PS3s in Q1 2007 because they had 2.5 million unsold systems after FY 2006 (and, for Q2, only shipped large numbers of the new 80 GB model).

The only real exceptions are the 3DS, which had unexpectedly large demand after the price drop, and the Gamecube, which sold incredibly well for its first 9 months, before sales fell off a cliff.

It's also not uncommon, as happened this quarter, to sell more units than are shipped. It happens to almost every system during its second year, when the massive shipments meant to boost investor confidence are actually sold and stores are supported by only small shipments so they don't run out (before another massive shipment hits right before the holidays start).
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
#8ZeoDefenderPosted 7/31/2013 6:10:50 AM
England's Walmart just dropped the Wii U due to low sales. That's why it's back on the forefront.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#9bond465Posted 7/31/2013 6:33:37 AM
Enigma149 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
Enigma149 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...

Not really.

Again, not really - all game systems do this.

Sony (sorry - I know you hate bringing up other video game companies on this board, but I need a comparison) shipped very few PS3s in Q1 2007 because they had 2.5 million unsold systems after FY 2006 (and, for Q2, only shipped large numbers of the new 80 GB model).

The only real exceptions are the 3DS, which had unexpectedly large demand after the price drop, and the Gamecube, which sold incredibly well for its first 9 months, before sales fell off a cliff.

It's also not uncommon, as happened this quarter, to sell more units than are shipped. It happens to almost every system during its second year, when the massive shipments meant to boost investor confidence are actually sold and stores are supported by only small shipments so they don't run out (before another massive shipment hits right before the holidays start).

very few doesnt equal 10k in 3 months. You need to understand something. Xbox 360 and Ps3 NEVER sold that horribly. Not even close. That is why its news.
#10Enigma149Posted 7/31/2013 6:35:32 AM
ZeoDefender posted...
England's Walmart just dropped the Wii U due to low sales. That's why it's back on the forefront.

Actually, they didn't. They're still selling it online. They're just not selling it in stores, and as it is, they were only selling them in less than 20% of their stores to being with...which, now that I think about it, may explain the low sales.
---