Wind Waker HD for $49.99? Whaaaa?

#31HungoverHero777Posted 7/31/2013 11:23:19 AM
Enigma149 posted...
trenken posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
They released the price of the WW HD remake. It'll retail for $49.99. Seems a little high for a remake to me...... What do you guys think about it?

Their fans are total suckers. They clearly put as little effort into this as possible. No new content at all, and the graphics look like WW... in HD. Which is clearly what they were going for, but couldnt they redo some things? Add some translucency to the water, fix those horrendous looking waves?

You understand that one of the reasons the game's aged so well is because of those "horrendous looking waves"?

Dude, you're replying to trenken, lol.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#32TheIastspartanPosted 7/31/2013 11:29:35 AM(edited)
Not buying unless the new hard mode changes up dungeon layouts.

I've played the original to death, and a faster sail and miiverse messages do not justify the 50$.

DeathSnipe777 posted...
So the remake retails for the same price as the original... and people are mad?

lol

Gee, I wonder...maybe it's cause the original came out 10 years ago, and all you're getting with this is the original with a faster sail and insane amounts of bloom?

Nah, that can't be it...
#33FenderMasterPosted 7/31/2013 11:29:06 AM
Looks like a decent amount of work, if not creativity, has gone into the remake, but yes, considering the content is the same as a 12 year old game, $50 seems a bit high. You can buy the GC version for about $30 on ebay, with an arguably better art style and exactly the same world, layout, dungeons, characters, puzzless, story etc etc. Unless people really love the new art style, I'd reccomend sticking with the GC version, same game, but cheaper.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#34MotiJrPosted 7/31/2013 11:30:41 AM
I don't see the problem with the price. Same old entitled gamers seems to be complaining though. Oh well, their loss.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#35morningglory05Posted 7/31/2013 11:33:04 AM
The Stop of Games
& Amazon both list it as being $59.99....
#36JKatarnPosted 7/31/2013 11:37:06 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
God Of War 1 HD
God Of War 2 HD
God Of War GOS HD
God of War COO HD
God of War 3

^All that for $40...

The 3 game Ratchet and Clank Collection HD sold for $30 I believe...

But the are just that, they are HD Ports. With WW it's more an Enhanced Port, not quite a remake yet they've added things into the game to not make it quite a port. And again if WW actually gets a MQ quality mode then the $10 bucks is justified because MQ changed up the dungeons in the game.

I just feel that $50 is not justifiable for WW. Nintendo thinks they can spend little money adding things to a game, charge $50 and think their fans will eat it up.

Remember what Nintendo said about why the 3DS initially sold for $250 and why Earthbound was $10? I just don't understand why Nintendo fanboys continue to ruin it for the rest of us Nintendo fans, Nintendo could easily sell the game for $30 and make a lot of profit if people slammed Nintendo for it.

I will wait till Earthbound is $8 and WW is $20 hopefully in a few months after release like most games, and pick it up.

I wouldn't count on that, Nintendo titles take quite a while to drop in price - hell, you have games like Double Dash etc. STILL going for $30+
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#37Dref151Posted 7/31/2013 11:49:12 AM
Would you buy gamecube DLC that added all the extra features for 50 dollars? In that perspective it seems more like a rip off imo, though you could take off about 15 $ ( still more than a lot of other hd collections per game ) for the graphics re-hall.
#38TheIastspartanPosted 7/31/2013 11:57:42 AM
MotiJr posted...
I don't see the problem with the price. Same old entitled gamers seems to be complaining though. Oh well, their loss.

Well, the thing with almost all remakes, is that the price is highly subjective.

It'll be worth it for those that never got to experience the original, or those that haven't played it since its debut. Or those that really like the original and aren't sick of it yet.

But to me, I've played it about 20 times, including once a few months ago, so I'm beyond burnt out.
Nothing short of a MQ-type mode will justify the purchase to me.

Doesn't mean I'm old, or entitled. Or that it's a loss to me. It's just I think Nintendo could have and should have tried harder to please both groups.
#39Mandrew257Posted 7/31/2013 12:07:11 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
God Of War 1 HD
God Of War 2 HD
God Of War GOS HD
God of War COO HD
God of War 3

^All that for $40...

The 3 game Ratchet and Clank Collection HD sold for $30 I believe...

But the are just that, they are HD Ports. With WW it's more an Enhanced Port, not quite a remake yet they've added things into the game to not make it quite a port. And again if WW actually gets a MQ quality mode then the $10 bucks is justified because MQ changed up the dungeons in the game.

I just feel that $50 is not justifiable for WW. Nintendo thinks they can spend little money adding things to a game, charge $50 and think their fans will eat it up.

Remember what Nintendo said about why the 3DS initially sold for $250 and why Earthbound was $10? I just don't understand why Nintendo fanboys continue to ruin it for the rest of us Nintendo fans, Nintendo could easily sell the game for $30 and make a lot of profit if people slammed Nintendo for it.

I will wait till Earthbound is $8 and WW is $20 hopefully in a few months after release like most games, and pick it up.

The original game sells for $40+ used. And new for 100+ I say $50 is a good deal.
---
Still waiting on Snowboard Kids 3.
#40blastpokePosted 7/31/2013 12:07:31 PM
The improvements are weak for $50 game.
I wanted a real director's cut version.
I will buy that at $30 or $20 because I got other games to buy in the Fall/Winter Quarter.