Warner Bros: No Online for Wii U Arkham Origins because of Low install base

#11Darkeep12Posted 7/31/2013 2:55:32 PM
Well, I guess I'll just be getting it for my PS3 or PC then.
---
PSN/Steam Id (It's the same): Darkeeper
#12HayashiTakaraPosted 7/31/2013 2:58:11 PM
Vyers posted...
The following is a list of things that made the Wii U unsuccessful.

1. Poor advertising.
2. Too high of price.
3. Nintendo's struggle at making games in HD.
4. Nintendo's decision to use PS3-equivalent power.

None of these things have anything to do with third parties, so how is it WB's fault that the Wii U is unsuccessful?

Gotta love the ignorant.
#13HayashiTakaraPosted 7/31/2013 2:58:53 PM
Anyway, and the PS4/XBone are gonna have full features despite currently having 0 install base.
#14DiscostewSMPosted 7/31/2013 3:03:34 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
Anyway, and the PS4/XBone are gonna have full features despite currently having 0 install base.

That's all it takes to show that 3rd-party devs lie through their teeth.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15liberalgamer44Posted 7/31/2013 3:04:15 PM
Xcalibur02 posted...
Vyers posted...

1. Poor advertising.
2. Too high of price.

None of these things have anything to do with third parties, so how is it WB's fault that the Wii U is unsuccessful?

Yes, lets blame Nintendo for WB's half-assed ports.

Nintendo shot its ownself dude. N64 kiddie logic at its finest.
#16Fox133Posted 7/31/2013 3:11:03 PM
I love you Nintendo, but no way I'm buying a Wii U. The First party games are great and they should take all the time they need with them, but the lack of third party support, crappy ports of games, lack of online multiplayer support for games, digital purchases being tied to consoles instead of accounts, way overpriced console for such a lack of games/features, and sluggish software are the reasons I will have to skip Nintendo's console this gen unless things change.
#17arvilinoPosted 7/31/2013 3:28:48 PM(edited)
MegaWinFTW posted...
Xcalibur02 posted...
Vyers posted...

1. Poor advertising.
2. Too high of price.

You can't blame every third party for Nintendo's failings though.

Try and look from their point of view for once, third party games struggle on the console regardless so why invest as much in the Wii U version, if at all?

Nintendo are the ones who put the Wii U in its current position, third party games lacking content is a symptom not the cause.

Ofcourse it is partially the third parties fault, if the third parties weren't of any importance, why on earth would have Nintendo had EA and Ubisoft on during their last years E3 presentation?

Note that the "unprecedented partnership" of EA delivered Nintendo FIFA 12 with slight modifications being sold as FIFA 13 and Mass Effect 3 at full price when the 360/PS3 where getting Mass Effect trilogy. The earliest third party titles were lacking content and were unappealing, this isn't something that happened after the first few months.

A lot of the pressure is on Nintendo, but the third party is supposed to help strengthen the platform and making it appealing to a greater audience, not just leech off what success it does get offering versions of games that are better on other systems.
#18shaunmePosted 7/31/2013 3:19:51 PM
This is nintendos fault

ignoring online for local mp

the living room feel

be quiet nintendo you cheap penny pinching archaic fossil
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#19sonicster2002Posted 7/31/2013 3:20:59 PM
MegaWinFTW posted...
Xcalibur02 posted...
Vyers posted...

1. Poor advertising.
2. Too high of price.

You can't blame every third party for Nintendo's failings though.

Try and look from their point of view for once, third party games struggle on the console regardless so why invest as much in the Wii U version, if at all?

Nintendo are the ones who put the Wii U in its current position, third party games lacking content is a symptom not the cause.

It's a Catch-22. Wii U sales are low because there aren't enough games. Developers don't want to make games because Wii U sales are low. It's the same reason why the Vita is struggling and why it got janky 3DS ports of Lego games.

I'm not sure what platform I'll be buying Origins on now. It's a shame the MP is gone from the Wii U version, but honestly I probably wouldn't have played it anyway. I'll see closer to release date.
---
http://xkcd.com/386/
#20DiscostewSMPosted 7/31/2013 3:21:47 PM
shaunme posted...
This is nintendos fault

ignoring online for local mp

the living room feel

be quiet nintendo you cheap penny pinching archaic fossil

I thought this was about Warner Bros.... /confuzzled
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project