Its ok that Nintendo is doing kind of bad because so was Sony and Microsoft...

#21MotiJrPosted 7/31/2013 12:40:59 PM
Lvthn posted...
MotiJr posted...
Except that Sony and Microsoft don't also have one of the most successful handhelds in existence. Not to mention, Nintendo has piles of money that they can throw around. You fail to grasp the basic facts here and I already know that even with clear explanations, you will not understand because you choose to ignore the facts.

If you owned, say, two rental properties, one of which made you a small fortune every month and the other was a money pit, would you:

a) Sink the profits from the good property into the bad one in spite of it still not making money
b) Dump the bad one and enjoy your profits

Everyone says Nintendo has amazing business sense. So what does garden variety common sense say any businessman who isn't a moron would do in this situation?

And let's be honest, for all of that famed business sense, Nintendo could probably have achieved a near-monopoly on the industry four generations ago if they'd gone with a disc-based system. Or, ya know, not shafted Sony? Surely whatever the outcome of that would have been, it would HAVE to be better than spawning by far their strongest long-term competitor.

Conparing property business to video game business. Yeah, I think your post lost all validity.
You have no valid argument. Just some bitter feelings about discs. I'm not interested in petty console wars but speak to TC. You and him are two peas in a pod.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#22LvthnPosted 7/31/2013 12:55:05 PM
MotiJr posted...
Conparing property business to video game business. Yeah, I think your post lost all validity.
You have no valid argument. Just some bitter feelings about discs. I'm not interested in petty console wars but speak to TC. You and him are two peas in a pod.

So you're saying that the video game business differs in that it's a great idea to sink profits made from successful products into unsuccessful products, potentially squandering your bottom line, in the name of counter-productive pride? Interesting, I didn't realize the implications of the industry.

...and what is this nonsense about "bitter feelings about discs?" Discs were really, blazingly obviously the way to go. We're STILL using discs and will continue to use discs until/unless HDD space becomes negligibly cheap and broadband near universal. Are you really saying Nintendo made a great business choice by sticking with carts, and the entire world has had its head up its ass by adopting those silly "discs" ever since?
#23EastCoastKodyPosted 7/31/2013 1:00:47 PM
USMCinfinity posted...
Except Sony and Microsoft are not gaming companies, when a gaming company isn't selling their flagship GAME console, no amount of defending or fanboyism can stop that. IGN says we shouldnt worry, we SHOULD worry, Nintendo is in a deep grave they dug themselves.

Sony is not a gaming company?

So the last 20+ years they have been working on videogame consoles......was just there hobby?
#24Smaffl15Posted 7/31/2013 1:04:13 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
USMCinfinity posted...
Except Sony and Microsoft are not gaming companies, when a gaming company isn't selling their flagship GAME console, no amount of defending or fanboyism can stop that. IGN says we shouldnt worry, we SHOULD worry, Nintendo is in a deep grave they dug themselves.

So the last 20+ years they have been working on videogame consoles......was just there hobby?

Sony and Microsoft aren't gaming companies, yes they have a gaming division but there do more than games. Sony does TVs, laptops, movies. Microsoft does computers, Nintendo is only gaming, that's what a gaming company is, nothing but gaming
#25TheBonfiniPosted 7/31/2013 1:05:23 PM
Nintendo has billions and billions of gamers money they extorted with the Wii. Nintendo can afford to have the Wii-U keep failing more every month.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#26LvthnPosted 7/31/2013 1:28:43 PM
Smaffl15 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
USMCinfinity posted...

Sony and Microsoft aren't gaming companies, yes they have a gaming division but there do more than games. Sony does TVs, laptops, movies. Microsoft does computers, Nintendo is only gaming, that's what a gaming company is, nothing but gaming

So what kind of company is Samsung?
#27Smaffl15Posted 7/31/2013 1:31:37 PM
Samsung does a lot of stuff. You can't say they are one thing because of what they do, computers, TVs, and phones , just because their phone division is the most successful doesn't make them a smartphone company
#28LvthnPosted 7/31/2013 1:45:06 PM
Smaffl15 posted...
Samsung does a lot of stuff. You can't say they are one thing because of what they do, computers, TVs, and phones , just because their phone division is the most successful doesn't make them a smartphone company

Yeah, you kinda missed what I was getting at. If that's all Samsung made you'd call them an "electronics company."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung

They also do chemicals, ships(!!!), construction equipment, insurance, clothing, and the list goes on. I actually don't think phones are their most profitable endeavor, just one of the most visible to consumers.

Despite that, I don't think it's out of line to call Samsung an electronics company, or a phone manufacturer, etc. They do produce electronics, they definitely produce phones. Doing other things doesn't make them "not that."

I mean you can split hairs all day, but Sony is certainly a gaming company. They make games and gaming consoles. They also make a whole lot of other things, but so what? Mitsubishi is an auto manufacturer - they also make electronics, airplanes, etc, but they're still an auto manufacturer.
#29OrangeCrush980Posted 7/31/2013 1:48:46 PM
Nintendo is a successful handheld console company. It's just that they occasionally try their luck at home consoles and fail miserably.
---
If you believe in the Lord FE7 and you accept FE7 as the Savior of video games and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#30BloodychessPosted 7/31/2013 1:54:17 PM
OrangeCrush980 posted...
Nintendo is a successful handheld console company. It's just that they occasionally try their luck at home consoles and fail miserably.

Are you 15?
---
Not changing this sig until EA issues an apology for Madden 13