Any news on a 2nd Wii U Gamepad?

#1DtheBruiserPosted 7/31/2013 1:31:41 PM
Reason being is that my almost 5 year old, who is a Pikmin fanatic, wants to play Pikmin 3 when it comes out this weekend. He is still a little rough with controllers and his 3ds....does not look like it was only bought last Christmas.

Point in play, I haven't let him use the gamepad yet and I am a little reluctant to do so. But...if there was some news that confirms I will be able to buy a 2nd gamepad in the near future, I would feel better about sacrificing my current one to my kiddo.

Anyone?
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#2Ritster21Posted 7/31/2013 1:33:23 PM
Nope.

Just let your little brother use the Gamepad.
---
FC is 4038-6283-8425
#3Companion_Cube_Posted 7/31/2013 1:36:05 PM
Just give him a Wii remote.
---
People who say Nintendo games are for kids need to grow up themselves.
#4RockD79Posted 7/31/2013 1:48:36 PM
I think the 2nd Gamepad option is on hold at the moment. They have a rough road ahead of them. I think after the holiday and probably closer to E3'14 we'll hear more about it. Could also have to do with the cost of the Gamepad as well and or if they plan to ship them as a pack-in with software. Obviously that suckers not gonna cost $50. It's possible they are waiting for the components to have another drop in price.
---
Just Finished: Alice Returns Now Playing: Earthbound
Total Tools Detooled: 134
#5Maxx_the_SlashPosted 7/31/2013 1:54:43 PM
We'll hear news about a second Gamepad once Nintendo announces that they're about to sell extras in stores.

Which better happen soon because when I opened my Wii U at Christmas, the first thing I ever did before even hookingf the console up was put a screen protector on it, and it had two or three of what I assume are "thumb tack marks" (like someone took a thumb tack and stabbed the screen with it and it left the resulting). They're quite noticeable on the screen when playing off-TV, so I'd like to buy an extra Gamepad to use instead.

Hopefully they're doing massive work on retail-purchasable Gamepads and make them with internal memory so it can be taken places and games can be played on it away from the console, and that the one that came with the console was just a place-holder to use in the mean time.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 103/Sirius 206
AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh) | WiiU: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#6DtheBruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 8:14:17 AM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
Just give him a Wii remote.

I actually thought pikmin 3 required the gamepad. Thanks

At $150 to replace, I will def wait until the kiddo is a little older and more responsible before I let him get his hands on a gamepad but it won't be long now :-)
---
#7DifferentialEquationPosted 8/1/2013 9:29:09 AM
Just tell him to go easy on the controller.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#8DtheBruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 9:55:37 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...

lol you clearly have never had a 4 year old
---
#9DifferentialEquationPosted 8/1/2013 9:59:22 AM
DtheBruiser posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...

lol you clearly have never had a 4 year old

So telling him to use it gently and saying that you'll take it away if he doesn't wont work? Seems to work fine for the kids in my family.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#10DBPanterAPosted 8/1/2013 10:09:11 AM
I don't understand the issue of being rough. . .

I have my 3 year old niece use the gamepad to draw all the time. Simply buy a screen protector for $10. While she is only 3 and doesn't understand the buttons or controls to a full extent, she still has fun using both my 3DS and Gamepad for the Wii U when she visits.

I guess in regards to Pikmin 3, considering Shigeru Miyamoto, the guy who made Pikmin, has said he prefers the Mote/chuck option, that is how I intend on playing. . .
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036