Thinking about a Wii U, just got a few questions

#1rpgking2006Posted 7/31/2013 2:42:51 PM
1) Is the wii U linked to the wii shop account, i.e can I download the games I bought on my wii shop account on my wii U.

2) Is there any downsides to buying a preowned console, like account linked to something already and not being able to undo that?

3) Is the 32gb really worth it for the money over the 8gb? like am I really going to use more than 8gb?

and finally number 4, which is really much more subjective than anything, do you guys think if sales continue this bad it'll affect the line-up negatively? like I don't want to buy the console for smash brothers, pikmin 3 and Zelda and see nothing else released because the console sales were hit too hard.
---
"Gaius if your serious about this army, I need you to marry Tharja" "Why?"
"So her daughter..." "Can get galeforce"
#2krillensPosted 7/31/2013 2:48:06 PM
rpgking2006 posted...
1) Is the wii U linked to the wii shop account, i.e can I download the games I bought on my wii shop account on my wii U.

2) Is there any downsides to buying a preowned console, like account linked to something already and not being able to undo that?

3) Is the 32gb really worth it for the money over the 8gb? like am I really going to use more than 8gb?

and finally number 4, which is really much more subjective than anything, do you guys think if sales continue this bad it'll affect the line-up negatively? like I don't want to buy the console for smash brothers, pikmin 3 and Zelda and see nothing else released because the console sales were hit too hard.

im gonna skip 1-3 and answer 4.. with a yes

it has already negatively hit the lineup. and unless things turn around, it will continue to do so.

that being said, are you interested in third party games or first party? nintendo's poor image will strengthen its first party titles, because need to attract more console purchases to get more third party support

as for third party games... lets face it.. the wii u is "last gen." with xbox one and ps4 right around the corner, why would want a wii u for third party anyway?
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
#3rpgking2006(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 2:52:34 PM
krillens posted...
rpgking2006 posted...

it has already negatively hit the lineup. and unless things turn around, it will continue to do so.

that being said, are you interested in third party games or first party? nintendo's poor image will strengthen its first party titles, because need to attract more console purchases to get more third party support

as for third party games... lets face it.. the wii u is "last gen." with xbox one and ps4 right around the corner, why would want a wii u for third party anyway?

1st Party anyway so I suppose I'm sorted then and I wouldn't blame someone for going for wii U for third party because aren't PS4 and Xbox coming out at like 200 more?
---
#4SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/31/2013 2:57:10 PM
rpgking2006 posted...

1) no, you have to transfer them the instructions are on the system. Be warned though they can not be redownloaded on the Wii, and if the Wii U has to go in for repair might be lost(one guy posted he had issues).

2) If the console wasn't registered none that I can see. If it was the extended support, and coins if you register it on club nintendo probably won't go to your account.

3) Depends on you. Some people will chew through that fast, and need an external drive. If you don't plan on digital downloads of games, and plan strictly on disk probably not.

4) Nintendo will keep releasing stuff like they did on their other systems.
#5krillensPosted 7/31/2013 3:25:43 PM
rpgking2006 posted...
krillens posted...
rpgking2006 posted...

1st Party anyway so I suppose I'm sorted then and I wouldn't blame someone for going for wii U for third party because aren't PS4 and Xbox coming out at like 200 more?

if money is an issue then you should have said so
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
#6rpgking2006(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 3:27:27 PM
krillens posted...
rpgking2006 posted...
krillens posted...
rpgking2006 posted...

if money is an issue then you should have said so

I fall into the habbit of assuming money is always an issue lol
---
#7stalemate_666Posted 7/31/2013 3:31:36 PM
rpgking2006 posted...

1. No, wiiU doesn't even have an account system you won't even be able to redownload your games if your wiiU breaks and you buy another one (or even return it to the retailer)

2.There could be peanut-butter in the disk tray, but no extra issues then anything else used, you might even get some free games out of it since games are tied to console not account but you have to have the same screen name as other guy when downloading I believe.

3. I wouldn't use more then 8 on a Nintendo system, but with updates and download only games you never know at the same time it's not even close to worth it as you can get a 500 GB harddrive for 50 bucks.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#8stalemate_666Posted 7/31/2013 3:39:09 PM
4. Sorry didn't see it. WiiU is going to get next to zero worthwhile third party support pretty much no matter what, so Nintendo will be the only ones really supporting it, if sales continue this bad they might choose to focus on making 3DS games and make less wiiU ones and Nintendo is struggling with HD development right now even on the wii they outsourced a lot of work while not releasing that much so I don't have faith that Nintendo devs have what it takes to put out multiple great games every year anyways that said I don't think they will support it significantly less then they are now regardless of sales but it is possible.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#91shadetail1Posted 7/31/2013 3:50:27 PM
1) Sort of. You are able to transfer all the data on your Wii to your WiiU, using the free System Transfer app you can download from the Nintendo Store. Once you've done that transfer, all the downloads (and game saves) you had on your Wii will now belong to your WiiU. Then, if necessary, you can re-download them on your WiiU instead of your Wii. Note that once you've done the system transfer, you can *NOT* simply redownload them on your Wii; you would have to buy them again.

2) No, not really. Even if the previous owner didn't wipe the system and left their Nintendo Network ID in place, you can easily create your own account and start playing.

3) In terms of the storage space only, no, it isn't worth the extra cost. If you're going to use up 8GB, then you're likely to use up 32GB also. Either way, you'll still need to buy an external storage device to increase the capacity. However, in terms of the other extras, I think the 32GB model is definitely worth the added cost. It comes with a game and accessories that retail for about $100, but the bundle is only $50 more. I just wish the Deluxe model came in white, because I don't like the glossy black as much.

4) It could, yes. But I think it's likely the games coming out over the next several months will push sales. We'll have to see if they push it far enough.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#10deimos91Posted 7/31/2013 3:52:50 PM
krillens posted...
rpgking2006 posted...

How is it last gen when it surpasses both ps3 and 260 try harder
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951