What if Nintendo just obtain more development studios to...

#1HayashiTakaraPosted 7/31/2013 3:22:34 PM
... cover all their bases on genres and only worry about releasing 1st party games and give 3rd parties the middle finger?

Would you be okay with this?
#2Freakzilla5Posted 7/31/2013 3:23:47 PM
Not with giving third parties the middle finger, but with more games to cover those we aren't getting i wont complain.
#3Beatperson14Posted 7/31/2013 3:24:02 PM
An entire market of first party games

How exciting
#4HayashiTakara(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 3:29:50 PM
Considering Nintendo 1st party almost always do very well, it is rather exciting~
#5MilesTeg420Posted 7/31/2013 3:34:23 PM
It's what should have been done post Wii. Nintendo has enough IP to support their own console. If they had just spent all that money on beefing up, they wouldn't have problems with games, which is the number one issue for a game console obviously.
#6PhantomSoDPosted 7/31/2013 3:37:20 PM
That is probably what it's going to take to expand their library at this point. 3rd parties just want to work on the consoles that are easy to port between. Take what they can from 3rd parties while doing this though. This is why I hope they are the ones that bought Altus. A lot of awesome franchises would definitely be welcome on my WiiU
#7Tsutarja495Posted 7/31/2013 3:40:33 PM
Miyamoto said they are about to start expanding their staff.
http://gengame.net/2013/06/nintendo-increasing-internal-staff-looking-to-leverage-retro-studios/
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#8HayashiTakara(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:24:02 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
It's what should have been done post Wii. Nintendo has enough IP to support their own console. If they had just spent all that money on beefing up, they wouldn't have problems with games, which is the number one issue for a game console obviously.

Yeah, 3rd parties are distancing themselves from Nintendo more and more, stepping up production with 1st party just seems like the ideal approach.
#9MichaelS91Posted 7/31/2013 4:33:50 PM
Partially, I wouldn't want them to force the 3rd party's away permanently.
This is something Sega tried when some developers (specifically EA (that sounds familiar)) wouldn't develop for the DC so they just went and made equivalent (and in some cases better) games specially the sports and racing games- which is something Wii U is missing big I feel along with racing games not called Sonic or Mario.
---
The Legend will never die
#10HayashiTakara(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 1:47:02 PM
MichaelS91 posted...
Partially, I wouldn't want them to force the 3rd party's away permanently.
This is something Sega tried when some developers (specifically EA (that sounds familiar)) wouldn't develop for the DC so they just went and made equivalent (and in some cases better) games specially the sports and racing games- which is something Wii U is missing big I feel along with racing games not called Sonic or Mario.

Sega didn't have the monetary strength nor the development power Nintendo does to pull it off. With the DreamCast, it was a all or nothing gambit which unfortunately was a fail gamble.