3DS or WiiU?

#1Knightingale-94Posted 8/1/2013 7:49:46 AM
Hello, I'm asking around as a favor to someone because we can't decide on what to get between the two. And no, we can't get both, we only have money for one. Right now, I'm leaning towards the WiiU because we're gonna need something to entertain guests. Though I've been hearing things about the WiiU's bad sales and how it's plummeting down and stuff like that.

3DS, well, the game catalog looks nice, but I don't think it's the device that'll be fun for everyone.
Admittedly, responses here might be a bit biased, so I might repost this to the 3DS board. So yes, let me know which you think is better. Thanks a plenty!
---
PSN: Knightingale-94
"Just passing through. And no, I don't want to hear why you think such and such is bad."
#2SpookyryuPosted 8/1/2013 7:51:35 AM
WII u
#3BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/1/2013 7:53:11 AM
I would lean towards a Wii U especially if you're expecting more than one person to play. The Wii U also can play Wii games which is underrated. Who cares about sales when buying a console?
---
Greatness comes from within
#4Tsutarja495Posted 8/1/2013 7:54:19 AM
Wii U if you are planning to use it to do multiplayer. That is one advantage I see in home consoles, the controllers mean only one person has to own the game and system, instead of everyone having to own them.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#5Otti_OpaoPosted 8/1/2013 7:55:56 AM
I have both and if I had to choose id choose the Wii U, try not to read to much into the sales figures, its a great system that will get great games to play and while I expect it to pick up even if it doesn't sell great if Nintendo continue to support it (which im sure they will) and they make money (which im sure they will) and continue to make good games does anything else matter?
#6DifferentialEquationPosted 8/1/2013 7:57:05 AM
How often do you plan on entertaining guests? The 3DS has lots of great games, but the Wii U is a horrible purchase right now. Would you rather have a system that's awesome but just you'll be play it, or a system that wont entertain your guests because it's not entertaining?
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#7GoonerByronPosted 8/1/2013 7:59:19 AM
Forget entertaining other people, the 3DS by a country mile. So many brilliant games and so many more coming out..
#8blunderminePosted 8/1/2013 7:59:51 AM
There's enough stuff consistently coming out for Wii U in the near future to warrant a purchase.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#9lninjasoniclPosted 8/1/2013 8:00:25 AM
Do you own a Wii? If not you are going to have to buy extra wiimotes and nunchucks for multiplayer. So be ready to spend more money on that if you don't already own that stuff.
---
When people get a little too chummy with me I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don't really care about them
#10Knightingale-94(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 8:02:27 AM
Well, we do get guests on an almost weekly basis. And also, what if I didn't have a Wii back then? Would it still be worth it?
---
PSN: Knightingale-94
"Just passing through. And no, I don't want to hear why you think such and such is bad."