Wind Waker HD back at $59.99 on Amazon

#41Baha05Posted 8/1/2013 11:12:39 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Off topic, but I just wanted to point out that this is not true at all. BFG is very different from the original PC version (which is actually still the best version, btw).

How is it any different? Aside from the "HD" upgrades and shoulder mounted flashlight.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#42deimos91Posted 8/1/2013 11:14:20 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
FayeLady posted...
I thought Halo Anniversary was full price? Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X's upcoming returns to retail, however, are not.

I can't think of a single HD re-release that was full price, but do correct me if I am wrong. I'm pretty sure Halo was $40, and that game was truly overhauled and had a full online mode added. Again, I'm no Halo fan, but Nintendo hasn't put nearly as much new value into this and they are ostensibly charging $20 more. I still hope they announce a lower price, since nothing official has been announced.

the online was stripped out
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#43Mobius1RisingPosted 8/1/2013 11:27:34 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Ammonitida posted...
No MQ has been confirmed AFAIK. Nice way to downplay the much greater visual enhancements that Halo received. Hardly any effort has went into WWHD.

How about Doom 3 BFG Edition? 60fps (double of the XBOX original), both original campaigns and a completely new campaign. All for 40 bucks. Neither Halo or Doom 3 need a harder mode. The original modes were already challenging enough. Adding a harder mode to WWHD is just a fix to a game design flaw. Not truly new content.

Agreed. Nearly all of the changes in WWHD are essentially "patches" to fix gamer complaints about the original. That hardly constitutes the higher price. A bump in resolution and framerate coupled with the arguably hideous new lighting system also doesn't do much to separate it from prior HD remakes, many of which received much more attention and care.

Basically, this would be an amazing deal at $20, a good deal at $30, a fair enough deal at $40, a bad deal at $50, and an outright slap in the face it's a $60.

I'm playing the HD version of Okami right now and it looks absolutely stunning, and it only cost me $20. They didn't change the game too much, but they didn't have to. If Okami in HD can look this good and play this well for $20, it's embarrassing that Nintendo couldn't do the same with WW, even with the few enhancements, and release it for $40 or less.

great point about okami iim a okami fan.i love that game
own it on ps2 wii ds & the hd version it was only 15 a great price & i got it for the trophes & to play again.if it being charged at 50 i wouldn't have touched it. the ww has nothing that warrants a buy its a hd remake.if ww is priced 20 or 30 ill get it but im never gonna buy at 50 or 45,its a ripoff.
---
Just a gamer,& an Ace combat fan.i also love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,plus my favourite characters are Leifang & Momiji.
#44ManuKesnaPosted 8/1/2013 11:35:40 AM
wow an old game for 60 dollars? no thank you nintendo
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna
#45SlimeSwayzePosted 8/1/2013 11:37:50 AM
Baha05 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Off topic, but I just wanted to point out that this is not true at all. BFG is very different from the original PC version (which is actually still the best version, btw).

How is it any different? Aside from the "HD" upgrades and shoulder mounted flashlight.

Lots of minor tweaks to gameplay, visuals, and sound. Nothing too major, but certainly comparable to what Nintendo is doing with WW, and arguably the changes have a bigger impact. More significantly, it has a 3D mode and a ton of extra content, including additional missions and the old Doom games. This would be like Nintendo adding the dungeons that were originally removed from Wind Waker and also including Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as additional bonuses (or at the very least LoZ and ALttP).

Anyway, here's a link with a list of changes: http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_3_BFG_Edition

I've played both and the game just feels quite different, though honestly, I still prefer the original PC version.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#46Mobius1RisingPosted 8/1/2013 11:49:23 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Baha05 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

Lots of minor tweaks to gameplay, visuals, and sound. Nothing too major, but certainly comparable to what Nintendo is doing with WW, and arguably the changes have a bigger impact. More significantly, it has a 3D mode and a ton of extra content, including additional missions and the old Doom games. This would be like Nintendo adding the dungeons that were originally removed from Wind Waker and also including Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as additional bonuses (or at the very least LoZ and ALttP).

Anyway, here's a link with a list of changes: http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_3_BFG_Edition

I've played both and the game just feels quite different, though honestly, I still prefer the original PC version.
if nintendo added lots of new conten like a battle arena were you could fight enemies & gain rupees & other cool stuff like artwork coustumes a figure collection that might warrant a purchase,but as it is its just hd upgrade thats mostly it.okami offers all that when it first came out the hd remake gave you all this plus trophes for $20 15.sorry but i cant support nintendo in this.
---
Just a gamer,& an Ace combat fan.i also love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,plus my favourite characters are Leifang & Momiji.