WiiU doom and gloom

#11trenkenPosted 8/1/2013 11:53:33 AM
JohnColtrane64 posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
What's the good news?
o.O

For instance: Pikmin 3 sales good news. Bately no magazine spoke about it

Because it only sold well in Japan, where strategy games are still popular. Pikmin 1/2 did not sell that well in the US because they are in a genre most US gamers couldnt care less about. We'll see how that sell here, and then it will start getting coverage.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#12PigfartsPosted 8/1/2013 12:06:56 PM
trenken posted...
JohnColtrane64 posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
What's the good news?
o.O

For instance: Pikmin 3 sales good news. Bately no magazine spoke about it

Because it only sold well in Japan, where strategy games are still popular. Pikmin 1/2 did not sell that well in the US because they are in a genre most US gamers couldnt care less about. We'll see how that sell here, and then it will start getting coverage.

Can we all admit that Japan gets kickass games that we can only dream of in america? There are some weird ones no one cares about, but they also get some really good looking ones, and anime based one, and cool RPGs. While we beg NIS to bring them over, or really beg people to put hundreds of hours into a fan patch.

I think fatal frame on Wii 1 was fan patched did they release it in the US?
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#13HayashiTakaraPosted 8/1/2013 1:36:18 PM
trenken posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
Nintendo, Doom'd since 1889

In this post, it is impossible for business with a long history to fail.

Lmao are you in middle school?

Hostess (1919-2012)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostess_(snack_cakes)

Now a new company was born from them, but they are an entirely new company. Who the heck ever thought Hostess would go under? Just because they were around for a very long time doesnt mean future success is set in stone.

Freakin derps on this board.

You're a moron, just pointing out that people been announcing Nintendo's doom for over a century, yet they keep on kicking and stacking them Benjamins~

Hostess went under because they repeated lost Billions, now say it with me now, Billions over consecutive years, Now get back to me when Nintendo is in that position.
#14gnomelord255Posted 8/2/2013 8:54:21 PM
trenken posted...
HayashiTakara posted...

Hostess (1919-2012)

Now a new company was born from them, but they are an entirely new company. Who the heck ever thought Hostess would go under? Just because they were around for a very long time doesnt mean future success is set in stone.

Hostess themselves knew they were going under years before it did. You do know Hostess got most of it's profits from WonderBread, right? People switched from high carb diets and cut bread out like crazy. The CEO even said yogurt of all things was a prime reason Hostess was doing terribly. It didn't help that it's snack foods were always targeted by the media about how unhealthy Twinkies are.
#15Fierce_Deity_08Posted 8/3/2013 6:46:17 AM
I guess it's not even worth it anymore to mention that the system hasn't even been out for a whole year yet since NO ONE WILL LISTEN!!! Damn, will you wait awhile before comparing this thing to the Titanic?!
---
With a roar of thunder and crash of lightning, I am Fierce Deity!
Hyrule Dream Address: 5900-2177-3530/ GT: OnikaraStar
#16WildsparkPosted 8/3/2013 6:50:11 AM
HayashiTakara posted...
trenken posted...
HayashiTakara posted...

Hostess (1919-2012)

You're a moron, just pointing out that people been announcing Nintendo's doom for over a century, yet they keep on kicking and stacking them Benjamins~

Hostess went under because they repeated lost Billions, now say it with me now, Billions over consecutive years, Now get back to me when Nintendo is in that position.

Nintendo has been around for over a century? O.o
---
PSN: TheWildspark
#17AhnoldDoodPosted 8/3/2013 6:53:27 AM
Wildspark posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
trenken posted...
HayashiTakara posted...

Hostess (1919-2012)

Nintendo has been around for over a century? O.o

Yup. They were first a business that sold hanafuda cards and love hotels.
#18Sega9599Posted 8/3/2013 7:31:46 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
99% of people saying bad news about the wiiu are internet trolls. The 1% is patcher.

So... 100% of anyone pointing out negative things about the Wii U are trolls, or Pachter.

Ladies and gentlemen... Wii U board logic.

Two people generalising about people.

Ladies and gentlemen.....GFAQS logic
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#19ssbmrocksPosted 8/3/2013 7:36:03 AM
while things go boom?
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#20thundercat2600Posted 8/3/2013 7:36:44 AM
JohnColtrane64 posted...
Nintendo Good News: the press doesn't care, only Nintendo magazines rejoyce
Nintendo Bad News: Nintendo is doomed all over internet, all magazines (really IGN?!)

I say: relax guys...no one is relaxing, except Nintendo. You should be as well. Play your nice games already out and care not about the future.

It's kind of hard to make a positive news story about Wii U selling 160,000 in April-June.

Face it, there hasn't been much positive news to report about Wii U. Stop whining about media bias and lay the blame where it belongs: Nintendo.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 13,230