I hope Super Mario 3D World turns out to be so much more than what was shown

#1amldPosted 8/1/2013 3:11:11 PM
This game is critical to Nintendo's image, More than any other game this year. The E3 footage showed a pretty shallow looking game, very NSMBU ( Which works in 2d ), I hope and believe we have not seen the tip of the iceberg. Nintendo isn't the best at teasing it's games / making trailers ( Earthbound VC trailer excluded ). We should all cross our fingers for a big suprising game, Orchestrated music, Expansive worlds and exciting new gameplay mechanics. Nintendo should know very well this one can not disappoint, As I don't know how many of us can stomach another 2 year wait for Galaxy's sequel.

Nintendo needs this to be good. We need this to be good. Let us pray!!
#2arvilinoPosted 8/1/2013 3:19:40 PM(edited)
amld posted...
This game is critical to Nintendo's image, More than any other game this year. The E3 footage showed a pretty shallow looking game, very NSMBU ( Which works in 2d ), I hope and believe we have not seen the tip of the iceberg. Nintendo isn't the best at teasing it's games / making trailers ( Earthbound VC trailer excluded ). We should all cross our fingers for a big suprising game, Orchestrated music, Expansive worlds and exciting new gameplay mechanics. Nintendo should know very well this one can not disappoint, As I don't know how many of us can stomach another 2 year wait for Galaxy's sequel.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooUqPF2Lf4

Honestly I recommend everyone to watch the developer direct. There's not much point discussing the total amount of content in a game via a trailer less than 2 minutes long.
#3amld(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:31:35 PM
arvilino posted...
amld posted...

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooUqPF2Lf4

Honestly I recommend everyone to watch the developer direct. There's not much point discussing the total amount of content in a game via a trailer less than 2 minutes long.

I've seen the direct and a bunch of gameplay footage. My point is, lets hope this, too, is just the tip of the iceberg.
#4AP3BrainPosted 8/1/2013 3:32:35 PM
I hope they scrap it and release a real 3D Mario with a new theme. 3DLand was horrible.
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 8/1/2013 3:34:08 PM
AP3Brain posted...
I hope they scrap it and release a real 3D Mario with a new theme. 3DLand was horrible.

1) Cute.

2) Hilarious. Keep living in your little bubble, kid.
#6soarcadiaPosted 8/1/2013 3:36:45 PM
amld posted...

I don't get people here. Off course the game will be more than 4 levels and a single boss. Am I talking to a wall here? Incredible. Did the average age of this board drop to 12 overnight? Too young to remember the galaxy 1 AND 2 reveals? Neither were a success. Also, lol at the galaxy love since the reveal of 3d world.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7
#7AP3BrainPosted 8/1/2013 3:39:17 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
AP3Brain posted...

1) Cute.

Well it was for a Mario game. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "horrible" but god damn was it monotonous. It isn't even how easy the game is. The level designs were incredibly boring and plain. Mario felt just...slow as well. This WiiU game is sadly a cash-in... you can especially tell this with how much they are promoting multiplayer.
#8soarcadiaPosted 8/1/2013 3:40:06 PM
AP3Brain posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
AP3Brain posted...

1) Cute.

Well it was for a Mario game. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "horrible" but god damn was it monotonous. It isn't even how easy the game is. The level designs were incredibly boring and plain. Mario felt just...slow as well. This WiiU game is sadly a cash-in... you can especially tell this with how much they are promoting multiplayer.

I doubt you played 3d land.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7
#9amld(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:40:40 PM
soarcadia posted...
amld posted...

I don't get people here. Off course the game will be more than 4 levels and a single boss. Am I talking to a wall here? Incredible. Did the average age of this board drop to 12 overnight? Too young to remember the galaxy 1 AND 2 reveals? Neither were a success. Also, lol at the galaxy love since the reveal of 3d world.

Hmm, you said pretty much what I said and yet you word it as a contradiction. interesting.
And I love Galaxy 1&2, I'm 30 and had been with Ninty since NES, Kiddo.
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 8/1/2013 3:42:23 PM
AP3Brain posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
AP3Brain posted...

1) Cute.

If a game sucks because its easy than SMW, SMG, and SMG2 are also "monsterous".

The level design's "plain"? Please, kid.

Mario runs slow? A flat out lie.

And I don't think you know what a CASH-IN is. Yeah, look at them promote multiplayer by it... being there!