I hope Super Mario 3D World turns out to be so much more than what was shown

#21Kromlech06Posted 8/3/2013 10:42:38 PM
Way too many usernames in this thread begin with A.

What were we talking about?
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#22soarcadiaPosted 8/3/2013 10:42:51 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
soarcadia posted...
I liked the Galaxy games but I wont be getting this one. The levels are just too shallow and empty with nothing to do.

Ow really? Where did you play 3d world?

I played part of 3D Land and I've watched most of the gameplay footage for 3D World.

Ah so you don't know what the ---- you're talking about
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony
#23DifferentialEquationPosted 8/3/2013 10:44:49 PM
soarcadia posted...
soarcadia posted...
I liked the Galaxy games but I wont be getting this one. The levels are just too shallow and empty with nothing to do.

I played part of 3D Land and I've watched most of the gameplay footage for 3D World.

"I've played the first two Pikmin games and Pikmin 3 looks like fun. I'll definitely be buying it!".... gee, no complaints when people make this kind of statement which is basically the exact same thing.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#24IcedEarthaholicPosted 8/3/2013 10:57:58 PM
soarcadia posted...
soarcadia posted...

Ha ha, I agree with you, and BTW, Skies of Arcadia kicked some serious ass.

I heard from a local Gamestop employee whom was at Comic Con in San Diego that 3D World was an absolute blast. Especially once you got some folks to play with you and the like. But seriously, the cat suit sold me. Considering I have two cats, yeah, you bet your ass I'm gonna be all over this power up.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#25AhnoldDoodPosted 8/3/2013 11:00:51 PM
soarcadia posted...
soarcadia posted...

"I've played the first two Pikmin games and Pikmin 3 looks like fun. I'll definitely be buying it!".... gee, no complaints when people make this kind of statement which is basically the exact same thing.

There's a pretty obvious difference between saying that a game looks fun, and making up a claim about the entire game just because you played the predeccessor.
#26DBPanterAPosted 8/3/2013 11:05:25 PM
TC: Not sure what you are looking for in a game. I have had an ongoing discussion with a bunch of friends about the video game industry (we tackle all the pros and cons). Anyways, once video games stepped out of the toy stores and into the main stream conscious, they became big business. That is why the vast majority of games made today are not challenging. Nintendo uses the words "fun" and "experience" a lot to explain their games. Other developers talk about story, graphics, game play, etc. But you do not see many big budget games described as "hard."

I have played Mario 3D World, and I own Mario 3D Land. To me, there were differences, but it was not enough to justify $60. Mario 3D World will sell, most likely generate the most sales of any Nintendo Wii U game in 2013, which is what Nintendo both wants and needs.

If you have people that you can play with at your home, I feel it will be a lot of fun as well as a good time. For me, I don't have that as most of my friends live hundreds to thousands of miles away from me, which is why on-line would have been nice. I will still rent the game and beat it in a weekend, because I know there will not be any challenge. NSMBU was nice, but I had 70 lives by the end of world 2. Luigi U was also fun, and I would even say worth the $20, but it took my 9 hours and 2 minutes to 100%. There was one tricky stage, that was it in Luigi U.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#27P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/3/2013 11:08:39 PM
Love how everybody ******** about it hasn't even played it.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#28DifferentialEquationPosted 8/3/2013 11:22:13 PM
AhnoldDood posted...

There's a pretty obvious difference between saying that a game looks fun, and making up a claim about the entire game just because you played the predeccessor.

I didn't like the predecessor because it felt too flat, shallow and empty. I've watched most (if not all) of the gameplay footage available and it seems to have all the same characteristics. Why is that not okay? Do you have to consume every piece of media? Can you not use rational thought to avoid games that you know you wont like based on previous experiences of playing games in the same series?

When someone says "LoL another CoD. A few new killstreaks and perks aren't worth buying the game" you don't hear any *****ing over that. You know why? Because it's true. If you didn't like CoD or got sick of CoD, then you look at info on the next one and correctly realize that it's more of the same and that you wont like it. But somehow, basic reasoning abilities are shunned here when someone uses them to express dislike of a Nintendo game.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#29soarcadiaPosted 8/4/2013 5:47:36 AM
AhnoldDood posted...

I didn't like the predecessor because it felt too flat, shallow and empty. I've watched most (if not all) of the gameplay footage available and it seems to have all the same characteristics. Why is that not okay? Do you have to consume every piece of media? Can you not use rational thought to avoid games that you know you wont like based on previous experiences of playing games in the same series?

When someone says "LoL another CoD. A few new killstreaks and perks aren't worth buying the game" you don't hear any *****ing over that. You know why? Because it's true. If you didn't like CoD or got sick of CoD, then you look at info on the next one and correctly realize that it's more of the same and that you wont like it. But somehow, basic reasoning abilities are shunned here when someone uses them to express dislike of a Nintendo game.

Not everybody recognises a good game when they play it.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony
#30deathwave21Posted 8/4/2013 6:06:50 AM
I've got a feeling SM3DW will be the best 3D Mario yet. The best parts of SM64 and SMS were the Bowser levels and the non-FLUDD levels (respectively). This was because they were linear and focused on platforming. The Galaxy games were awesome because they were linear and platform focused. SM3DW looks to be linear and platform focused as well. So many people don't realize that this game was actually conceived before SM3DL. The concept may be similar, but the games feel nothing alike.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!