I think it's time to face facts.

#1darkbusterPosted 8/1/2013 10:17:47 PM
3rd parties have no intention of ever supporting a Nintendo console anytime soon, unless Nintendo opens their wallets, & Nintendo should just build their 1st party operations around that assumption. At this point it's clear that regardless of what Nintendo actually does, from having the power (N64 & GC), the install base (Wii), or actually withholding the opposition of their own titles (Wii U), there will be a fault somewhere.
---
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142
#2GoombaXPosted 8/1/2013 10:20:42 PM
thats funny because my watch dogs preorder disagrees with you(course it may change to ps4 if the launch line up looks to terrible)
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, SMTIV, Dark souls
#3Numbuh100Posted 8/1/2013 10:34:26 PM
Ubisoft and Activision supports it. I don't know why you're yapping like a dog, TC. Want a bone?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#4DiscostewSMPosted 8/1/2013 10:34:53 PM
They're all riding the hype train known as the PS4/XB1, but we have yet to see if things will go well for them. Last-gen showed that not many developers had the means to take advantage of the hardware and keep development costs low that they could earn back what they spent, resulting in many houses closing down. Tomb Raider is an example of how development costs vs actual sales resulted in that being a failure.

Wii U is not doing so hot, so they are stepping away from that, but they have no proof that the PS4/XB1 won't go the same route. That's why many companies are sticking to the PS3/360 for a couple more years, because that's where the profit is, and it isn't nearly a big a risk due to their high install bases.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5GamerguymassPosted 8/1/2013 10:47:22 PM
Thats because a lot of these 3rd parties know they can't be lazy on Nintendo consoles. Nintendo games are always regarded as high quality titles so 3rd parties would have to actually spend effort into making their games have good gameplay, not just making it look pretty and then hyping the hell out of it. The PS/XBox lets them get away with this. I mean they port a year or more old game, usually poorly, to a Nintendo system and then complain when it doesn't sell. Mass Effect 3 was a perfect example. Why would I buy ME3 on the Wii U when I could buy the entire trilogy with some of the DLC on another system for the same price? Its stupid crap like this which is why 3rd parties do terrible. Companies that actually spend the time to make a new game for a Nintendo console actually see good sales.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
So far this game sucks.
#6darkbuster(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 11:11:18 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Ubisoft and Activision supports it. I don't know why you're yapping like a dog, TC. Want a bone?

I guess you could claim that they do support it in the fact that they're releasing SOMETHING, but the mostly phoned in effort of late and/or inferior ports & shovelware pales in comparison to Sony & MS console efforts. Just the way I look at it, the situation for Nintendo's home console market has evolved too much into a catch-22 to possibly fix at this point without a drastic & risky saving throw.
---
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142
#7Numbuh100Posted 8/2/2013 9:31:02 AM
darkbuster posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

I guess you could claim that they do support it in the fact that they're releasing SOMETHING, but the mostly phoned in effort of late and/or inferior ports & shovelware pales in comparison to Sony & MS console efforts. Just the way I look at it, the situation for Nintendo's home console market has evolved too much into a catch-22 to possibly fix at this point without a drastic & risky saving throw.

Because EA is a ripoff company, Platinum is helpful enough for being paid by Nintendo, the rest like Square Enix are jackasses....Nintendo have a harder time dealing with the sales.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2