Played and finished Mother 3, should I go back and play Earthbound now?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/2/2013 11:48:59 PM
It's been a while since I finished Mother 3 but for some reason, I'm of the impression that playing Earthbound now would be a big step back. Am I wrong here? I'm compelled to buy it but I don't want to play something that's inferior to what I've already played. I didn't intend to play them in reverse order, it just happened that way...
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#2ChokusetsuPosted 8/2/2013 11:54:10 PM
I think playing M3 before Earthbound ruins part of the... I don't know, "magic"? That you feel when you play through Mother 3 after finishing Earthbound.

It won't be that big of a step-back. The battle system is the same thing, just without the rhythm system.
The humor is about the same. (I kind of liked Mother 3's better myself though...)

Eagleland is very different from Nowhere Island. And I don't mean from a technical aspect. It's just different. And I think this is the only thing that you may like better or less.

The only thing that is technically worse are sprite animations and the inability to run.
---
De arimasu
#3ChokusetsuPosted 8/2/2013 11:55:57 PM
Anyway, if you liked Mother 3 you will like Earthbound.

The story isn't as good, but the journey itself is just as great.
---
De arimasu
#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 11:59:48 PM(edited)
From what I remember with Mother 3, it was unexpectedly shorter than I'd imagined it would be. Either that or it was just so good that I didn't realize how long I was actually playing. I really enjoyed it, a lot. Does Earthbound have a decent amount of play time?

Maybe I'll get Earthbound, play it and then play through Mother 3 again. It's really been a good while so maybe it'll be somewhat like I'm starting over anew.

Thanks for the info.
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#5ChokusetsuPosted 8/3/2013 12:05:12 AM
I didn't find Mother 3 that short, but yeah, Earthbound lasts long enough. I can't say for sure since I always overgrind in EB and that makes the game seem longer than it is.
The world in EB is bigger though.
---
De arimasu