Why Wii U can't handle GTA V

#1thundercat2600Posted 8/3/2013 4:56:33 AM
It's simple. GTA V requires a mandatory 8-10 GB install. That effectively makes the game unplayable on the basic model, and only playable on the deluxe if you're willing to give up over 1/3 your usable storage for one game.

"But you can use a USB hard drive!"

You are forgetting that Wii U uses USB 2.0, which tops out at 35 MB/s. Real-world tests show Wii U's USB transfer speed at 14.5 MB/s. That's slower than the Blu-Ray drive!

Bottom line: the game would be unplayable on Wii U basic model without an external drive. And even with an external drive, loading times would be insanely long and make for a poor gaming experience.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 13,230
#2The_Mana_LegendPosted 8/3/2013 4:59:23 AM
Does PS3 have a mandatory install for GTA V?
---
What can I do to save Sony?
#3RobJ23IsExposedPosted 8/3/2013 5:00:58 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
It's simple. GTA V requires a mandatory 8-10 GB install. That effectively makes the game unplayable on the basic model, and only playable on the deluxe if you're willing to give up over 1/3 your usable storage for one game.

You are forgetting that Wii U uses USB 2.0, which tops out at 35 MB/s. Real-world tests show Wii U's USB transfer speed at 14.5 MB/s. That's slower than the Blu-Ray drive!

Bottom line: the game would be unplayable on Wii U basic model without an external drive. And even with an external drive, loading times would be insanely long and make for a poor gaming experience.

Oh no!
---
If the Wii brand was a person, he'd a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in 2006.
#4knightimexPosted 8/3/2013 5:01:31 AM(edited)
LOLwut?

---
Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#5YoyokuKOPosted 8/3/2013 5:01:20 AM
*starts facepalm wave*
#6soarcadiaPosted 8/3/2013 5:04:05 AM
thundercat2600 posted...

It requires an install? No buy for me.
Or is this ps 3 only?
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony
#7thundercat2600(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 5:08:34 AM
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

Mandatory for both 360 and PS3.
---
#8soarcadiaPosted 8/3/2013 5:09:39 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

lol. No buy.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony
#9thundercat2600(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 5:15:37 AM
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

lol. No buy.

I never got this mentality of "mandatory install?? Stop trampling on my rights as a gamer!!" attitude. I don't understand why you'd want to run a gigantic game right off the disc when you have a HDD available.

Oh well. I'm sure Rockstar is sad they lost your business.
---
#10soarcadiaPosted 8/3/2013 5:17:13 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

lol. No buy.

I never got this mentality of "mandatory install?? Stop trampling on my rights as a gamer!!" attitude. I don't understand why you'd want to run a gigantic game right off the disc when you have a HDD available.

Oh well. I'm sure Rockstar is sad they lost your business.

I don't care. It's not my job to educate you.
---