Why Wii U can't handle GTA V

#111VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/3/2013 1:45:57 PM
I have no idea what TC is talking about. I've played a lot of games off my kingston flash drive, including GTA 4, and I have no loading problems.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#112SolisPosted 8/3/2013 1:46:48 PM
NBRaven posted...
I don't understand complaints about the CPU; Crytek said the Wii U ran Crysis 3 "Beautifully". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Crysis 3 heavy on CPU, and needs DX11?

Clearly not, since it ran on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#113LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/3/2013 2:03:04 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Dref151 posted...
Im calling BS on the people saying they wont buy it due to the mandatory install. Imagine, your going to the store, holding your wallet like your first ever dollar. You proceed to to get GTAV, but on the way to the cashier you notice something, MANDATORY INSTALL. NO! how could such an atrocious thing happen to you! They expect you to actually use some space? How dare they. How. Dare. They. You will just have to boycott Rockstar now forever.

Isn't that stupid? I can't imagine why someone would want to play off the disc rather than installing to the hard drive. I especially can't imagine why people think mandatory installs are so offensive.

Mandatory installs have been a fact of PC gaming for forever, and it's one of the reasons PC gaming is better than consoles.

My PC's disc drive is 8x faster than the PS4's and has a 2 TB hard drive.

Again, if I wanted to play on my PC I would play on my PC.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#114JaivfromONMPosted 8/3/2013 2:36:10 PM
The Wii U can handle it
It's just that GTA V won't be on Eighth Gen consoles, and Wii U is Eighth Gen so it won't be released on it!
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
Sub me on Youtube: JaivfromONM
#115GamersTavernPosted 8/3/2013 2:41:50 PM
People are still into the GTA series?
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#116jairusmonillasPosted 8/3/2013 2:47:48 PM
GTV 5 on Wii U? If games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and other big shots aren't coming to Wii U why even bother GTA 5 to ever come on Wii U?

The only 3rd parties that are really interested on Wii U is ubisoft and activision, other than those 2 I don't see anyone porting games to Wii U anymore.
#117DTY3Posted 8/4/2013 6:17:45 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Maybe Rockstar should hire you to help them redesign their game engine just so GTA V can run on a system with a 3.6 million (and barely growing) install base, most of whom don't care about GTA anyway.

TC: "It can't do it because <insert argument>"
People: "Yes it can, because <insert logic>"
TC: "Well, it's actually because <insert different argument>"

Thank you TC for giving us a laugh at your expense.

This. You destroyed his OP, so he had to shift a few goal posts. Pathetic.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#118zeroakumaPosted 8/4/2013 9:21:05 AM
We all know that the Wii U is weaker than the PS3 or XBOX 360. Games that run fine on those consoles, run slower on the Wii U. That's not a big deal to Nintendo fans, who only want games published by Nintendo.

The only good consoles that came out from Nintendo were the Nes and the Snes. Everything else has been a joke.
---
My Headphones: LCD-2 Rev 2 w/ Q Audio Cables, Audio Technica M-50, AD700, W1000X, and Sennheiser HD800
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4464/1227663902457.jpg
#119pearl arowanaPosted 8/4/2013 9:23:22 AM
wii u can handle gta v but about as good as ps3 and 360... so there is no point doing it for the minuscule wii userbase..
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#120MushroomMuncherPosted 8/4/2013 9:26:37 AM
zeroakuma posted...
We all know that the Wii U is weaker than the PS3 or XBOX 360.

False information is false.
---
I'm the guy who glues his thumbs to his nipples and chases his Cat around the house screaming RAWWR pretending to be a T-Rex.
~NCPwn