Isn't hypocracy wonderful?

#1TheGreatUnownPosted 8/3/2013 10:10:04 AM(edited)
Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D world don't have online: "This is inexcusable. Nintendo is lazy and stuck in the 90s."
Batman doesn't have online: "There's a legitimate reason for WB not putting effort into this."

Actually, Pikmin 3 has online leaderboards. But no, it's still a lazy waste of money despite the fact it has a feature that is rarely included in games for Nintendo systems except for probably Call of Duty. And no one even mentions it! What if Nintendo stops using this feature because no one even cares about it? This wouldn't bode well for future Nintendo games and systems. People on this board need to stop this "if you buy this, you are a fanboy" mentality. The point of the whole free market economy is that I can buy whatever the hell I want, be it a 3DS, a Vita, a PS4, a Wii U, CoD, Mario, Zelda, LittleBigPlanet, or even an XBox One (I probably won't buy an XBox One, though.) as long as I deem it worthy. Not IGN, not Pachter, not some YouTube jackass, and sure as hell not any one on this board, but I am the sole decider of what I do and do not buy. I admit, that I do use these sources for information, but I am the one that ultimately makes this decision.

TLDR: Your console wars are pointless, because to play all the great games, you must own all the systems. Except for iOS and Android based systems, if you count those as game systems.

EDIT: Okay, apparently the Wii U version of Arkham City had leaderboards, so Origins might too. But my point still stands.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#2The_Shadow_LinkPosted 8/3/2013 10:01:46 AM
The past 2 Batman games have had Online Leaderboards for it's Challenge Mode. It's logical to assume Origins will as well. I don't know what your trying to do here except start a flame war. Stop that, it's not good for the boards.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#3Mobius1RisingPosted 8/3/2013 10:01:57 AM
TheGreatUnown posted...
Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D world don't have online: "This is inexcusable. Nintendo is lazy and stuck in the 90s."
Batman doesn't have online: "There's a legitimate reason for WB not putting effort into this."

Actually, Pikmin 3 has online leaderboards, so it has more online capabilities than Batman. But no, it's still a lazy waste of money despite the fact it has a feature that is rarely included in games for Nintendo systems except for probably Call of Duty. And no one even mentions it! What if Nintendo stops using this feature because no one even cares about it? This wouldn't bode well for future Nintendo games and systems. People on this board need to stop this "if you buy this, you are a fanboy" mentality. The point of the whole free market economy is that I can buy whatever the hell I want, be it a 3DS, a Vita, a PS4, a Wii U, CoD, Mario, Zelda, LittleBigPlanet, or even an XBox One (I probably won't buy an XBox One, though.) as long as I deem it worthy. Not IGN, not Pachter, not some YouTube jackass, and sure as hell not any one on this board, but I am the sole decider of what I do and do not buy. I admit, that I do use these sources for information, but I am the one that ultimately makes this decision.

TLDR: Your console wars are pointless, because to play all the great games, you must own all the systems. Except for iOS and Android based systems, if you count those as game systems.

phone games can burn im phone hell.
---
My favourite game is Okami.im also a fan of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,& Ace combat.my favourite female characters are Leifang Momiji & Samus.
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 8/3/2013 10:10:20 AM
Batman and Pikmin 3 deserve all the hate for their lack of online. Batman has online on other systems, and it won't for the Wii U. That's not really justifiable. Pikmin 3 had online planned for it, and it was dropped due to developer incompetence and the typical archaic philosophies / bullcrap excuses from the Nintendo team, so Pikmin 3 deserves as much hate as Batman in that regard.

Of course, the white knights (those who can only see things from their point of view and can't conceive anyone enjoying online because they themselves don't personally enjoy it) will defend Nintendo's lack of online because it doesn't personally affect them (and, as such, they shouldn't even be talking about it period since they have no actual point of interest in the discussion). However, if they defend Nintendo's decision there, they should also defend the Batman game, because the same weak excuses were thrown around for its online exclusion as well.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#5TheGreatUnown(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:12:04 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Batman and Pikmin 3 deserve all the hate for their lack of online. Batman has online on other systems, and it won't for the Wii U. That's not really justifiable. Pikmin 3 had online planned for it, and it was dropped due to developer incompetence and the typical archaic philosophies / bullcrap excuses from the Nintendo team, so Pikmin 3 deserves as much hate as Batman in that regard.

Of course, the white knights (those who can only see things from their point of view and can't conceive anyone enjoying online because they themselves don't personally enjoy it) will defend Nintendo's lack of online because it doesn't personally affect them (and, as such, they shouldn't even be talking about it period since they have no actual point of interest in the discussion). However, if they defend Nintendo's decision there, they should also defend the Batman game, because the same weak excuses were thrown around for its online exclusion as well.

Right.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#6bossk5Posted 8/3/2013 12:24:17 PM
hypocrisy
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#7Aura_SpherePosted 8/3/2013 12:29:56 PM
Isn't correct spelling wonderful?
---
how could you do this to me. on the year of luigi
#8TalentedMPosted 8/3/2013 12:30:53 PM
Don't hate the players, hate the games. Right? Am I saying that right?

I don't hate anything. I am glad we are getting Batman and I will most likely buy it for the WiiU as I am pretty much not interested in my other consoles right now. Watch Dogs, Rayman, even Assassins creed. Ill get them all on the WiiU.

WiiU is a better system, I own it, I like the gamepad and the controllers. I like a lot about the system including their own social network and the planned games from Nintendo...

I see no reason to be mad because we wont get a FPS version of batman... It really has no reason to be there in the first place and is just something to pad the game I guess...

Fine with me.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#9EvilmonsterPosted 8/3/2013 12:31:07 PM
so wait... what is your point
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
#10Baha05Posted 8/3/2013 12:33:33 PM
Evilmonster posted...
so wait... what is your point

I think the point of the topic is the fact that when Nintendo doesn't include Online there can't be any legitimate reason, but when 3rd party devs don't add online or offline game modes it's apparently valid reasons.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy