Isn't hypocracy wonderful?

#31cavebear56Posted 8/3/2013 3:56:21 PM
ElectricMole posted...
Why the hell should 3rd parties use online if even Nintendo doesnt want to use it for their multiplayer focused top tier games?

Its not hypocrisy, its a matter of leading by example.

Its Nintendo's job to show off how robust Nintendo Network is, not the 3rd parties.

Right because Nintendo doesn't have any other games coming out that have online or ever had any games online!

Also because Sony and every other dev never releases a game that is just single player and never multiplayer!

Stop being a hypocritical sheep.

Why didn't Bioshock have ANY multiplayer? What about The Last of Us? How come it didn't have split screen? Why not Uncharted 2? Why didn't the first Uncharted or God of War have it?

Gears of War even had split screen and online multiplayer. So did Twisted Metal.

Why didn't the first two Batman games?

Why not Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

Why don't any of you answer those questions? Please. Go on and say something such as "well those games never were meant to have multiplayer in the first place!" or "Those games didn't already have couch co op!".

What happened about all the trolls crying about " Options!!! Waaaaaah! Options!", does it not fit your agenda now? The back peddling by the troll crowd is terrible but they do try!

Hypocrites, every last one of you. Keep deflecting the issues behind blaming Nintendo for literally everything. Keep being dramatic, inconsistent, unreasonable and illogical.

Yes, Nintendo killed your dog, caused world hunger and is the reason taxes were created.

On topic...Yes it is wonderful, as wonderfully pathetic as the string of posters who constantly cry about Nintendo because they're young, ignorant and uneducated.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#32EvilmonsterPosted 8/3/2013 4:00:07 PM
Because Microsoft/Sony already have a developed online community?

Why should 3rd parties even care of developing anything for Nintendo anyways, if Nintendo doesn't care.

If Nintendo wants 3rd parties to stop gimping the Wii U version, then they're going to have to try to make it easier/more profitable for 3rd parties to develop anything for Nintendo.

With that kind of attitude, no wonder 3rd parties are abandoning ship on the Wii U.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
#33ElectricMolePosted 8/3/2013 4:02:03 PM
cavebear56 posted...

Why didn't Bioshock have ANY multiplayer? What about The Last of Us? How come it didn't have split screen? Why not Uncharted 2? Why didn't the first Uncharted or God of War have it?

Gears of War even had split screen and online multiplayer. So did Twisted Metal.

Why don't any of you answer those questions? Please. Go on and say something such as "well those games never were meant to have multiplayer in the first place!"

Those games never were meant to have multiplayer in the first place.

http://youtu.be/JooUqPF2Lf4

But that one is, by design, multiplayer. You want to brush off that reason like its nothing? Then thats on you.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#34lp913Posted 8/3/2013 7:57:33 PM
cavebear56 posted...
ElectricMole posted...
Why the hell should 3rd parties use online if even Nintendo doesnt want to use it for their multiplayer focused top tier games?

Its Nintendo's job to show off how robust Nintendo Network is, not the 3rd parties.

Right because Nintendo doesn't have any other games coming out that have online or ever had any games online!

Also because Sony and every other dev never releases a game that is just single player and never multiplayer!

Why don't any of you answer those questions? Please. Go on and say something such as "well those games never were meant to have multiplayer in the first place!" or "Those games didn't already have couch co op!".

What happened about all the trolls crying about " Options!!! Waaaaaah! Options!", does it not fit your agenda now? The back peddling by the troll crowd is terrible but they do try!

Hypocrites, every last one of you. Keep deflecting the issues behind blaming Nintendo for literally everything. Keep being dramatic, inconsistent, unreasonable and illogical.

Yes, Nintendo killed your dog, caused world hunger and is the reason taxes were created.

On topic...Yes it is wonderful, as wonderfully pathetic as the string of posters who constantly cry about Nintendo because they're young, ignorant and uneducated.

:-D LMAO ^ THIS X A BILLION for every pathetic pointless troll post/topic that has dominated the gamefaqs Wii U board over the last two years. Well done! Oh and IF Nintendo wasn't serious about online then we wouldn't have such things as Nintendo Network, the eShop and especially the Miiverse. Trolls along with incompetent third parties who refuse to develop Wii U games in feature parity NEITHER have excuses at this point.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#35LordBowserPosted 8/3/2013 8:07:35 PM
Your comparisons are awful. Does batman have local multiplayer? No? I didn't think so. Asking for a single player game to have multiplayer isn't even remotely related to a local multiplayer game having online multiplayer options.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#36TheGreatUnown(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:19:16 PM
LordBowser posted...
Your comparisons are awful. Does batman have local multiplayer? No? I didn't think so. Asking for a single player game to have multiplayer isn't even remotely related to a local multiplayer game having online multiplayer options.

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=batman+arkham+origins+online
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#37TomHazerPosted 8/3/2013 10:32:39 PM
I personally don't care for online anyways, unless I'm playing a fighter or a wrpg.

As a matter of fact I dislike the fact that some games are wasting game dev effort on making them co-op or multiplayer...

Am I the only one that doesn't care for online mode for most games?
#38Mattatron42Posted 8/4/2013 4:08:02 AM
cavebear56 posted...
ElectricMole posted...

Bravo sir
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#39SmoshCuchPosted 8/4/2013 5:20:34 AM
I don't necessarily see anything hypocritical in that position, because it is possible to apply the same standard: invest in MP in games that will sell well.

Multiplatform third-party action games don't always sell well on Nintendo platforms, so it's not unreasonable that the devs/pubs don't want to invest money there, knowing that they may not get a return on that investment.

Nintendo, on the other hand, knows that their first-party games will sell, so they should be willing to spend the money to make them full-featured games.

For the record, I don't play MP, and could care less about it in ANY game. I'm just playing devil's advocate, because I could see a reasonable case to be made for it.
#40JackalPosted 8/4/2013 6:22:42 AM
cavebear56 posted...
ElectricMole posted...

Why don't any of you answer those questions? Please. Go on and say something such as "well those games never were meant to have multiplayer in the first place!" or "Those games didn't already have couch co op!"..

Unfortunately, Uncharted 2 and Last of U have a MP modes. UC2 has a co-op mode which I prefer. But I've never been a fan of split screen myself but others to seem to enjoy it.

There is hypocrisy all over the place when it comes to gaming. We want and we don't want. Then when something does get added or removed we either agree with it or start talking it down. It's not new and it's not going to stop on either side.

The online user base for the Wii U is small right now but adding the online features could help to expand it whether it's coming from a 3rd party or Nintendo. The community can't grow if there is nothing for them to play. It would also be nice ti the modes fit the types of game.

Racing types for example is s great MP type of game. Resident Evil and Dead Space co-op modes work fine but I don't think they would be as fun in a split screen mode. Games like Monster Hunter and FFXIV work well with online too. But I don't like when they just tack on another run-n-gun MP mode that doesn't fit the game. UC2 MP mode is a great example of that. So was Dead Space 2 MP mode.

With the GameCube, Nintendo took the stance of "we'll give you the gear for online gaming but we are not going to support it". I think they release a kart game the used the modem for a LAN setup. I don't remember them releasing any other games to support the modems but I'm not sure. You couldn't blame 3rd parties for not jumping on board when Nintendo themselves said that they weren't going to support the feature. While I think that there may be a bit more support this generation it would help if Nintendo showed the world that they are 100% behind the feature this time. That's doesn't mean tacking on online stuff when it doesn't work or fit but when it does then that option should be there. Especially for a free online system.

So yeah, the hypocrisy is there and it's not going anywhere. It will just be made to fit the point of view of whoever is using the examples.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz