Female Link could work.

#51CranberryPSOPosted 8/3/2013 1:45:53 PM
I'm in favor of this. It breaks tradition, but I wouldn't mind it. I'd like to see a female lead in a Zelda game for a change.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#527lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 1:47:06 PM
CranberryPSO posted...
I'm in favor of this. It breaks tradition, but I wouldn't mind it. I'd like to see a female lead in a Zelda game for a change.

A playable Zelda and a Female Hero would be nice huh?
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#53ArchsazePosted 8/3/2013 1:55:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#54Muljo StphoPosted 8/3/2013 3:00:46 PM
Don't be fooled by the title. I would hate for Nintendo to genderbend a established Link (Like OOT Link) What I mean is, how about a female that could have triforce of courage (Like Link's daughter or something)

The reason why it wouldn't work is because, Link as one person, is a huge video game icon so if this idea was poorly executed, it might damage his reputation.

You seem to understand, yet you still called it "Female Link".

Link is an established character. The hero could be just about anyone, and "Link" is a generic stand-in that represents all the best traits of all the "real" heroes involved in these adventures (whether they be someone like Rusl or Colin or Groose or Pippit or or Ralph or whoever else). But it's still pretty clearly established what Link is. A female hero would be a new character. She may also be a stand-in like Link, representing all the best traits of all of the "real" female heroes (who may be someone like Ashei or Telma or Karane or whoever else). But she would be her own unique representation of the hero, not a Link.

On a larger and more general note, Nintendo has given themselves room to do pretty much anything with the series if they're willing to embrace the more open interpretation of Demise's "curse". The "blood of the Goddess" = the royal bloodline = anybody descended from her, not just the young female descendants. The part about "spirit of the hero" could be talking about a concept of "fighting spirit" instead of one specific person's reincarnated soul. It could refer to just about anybody with the courage, skill, and determination to pull off the impossible in defense of the kingdom. And of course Demise himself is only connected to this through "an incarnation of his hatred". It sounds like his malevolence is an integral force of nature. It was bigger than himself and could not be destroyed with him. It lies hidden deep in the darkest pits of the souls of all life and it waits for the right conditions to grow larger and consume a soul in darkness, creating a monster that will desire the destruction of Hyrule.

It doesn't always have to keep coming back to the same characters to play out the conditions of this eternal struggle. It isn't about Zelda, Link, and Ganon. It's about the royal family, their most loyal defenders, and the villains that might come at them from just about anywhere.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#55ChokusetsuPosted 8/3/2013 3:08:17 PM
She better be a hottie and have big boobs.
---
De arimasu
#56Mattatron42Posted 8/3/2013 3:19:14 PM
Chokusetsu posted...

She'll need to have a nice rear, since we will see her running from a third-person perspective most of the game.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#577lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 3:30:32 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
Don't be fooled by the title. I would hate for Nintendo to genderbend a established Link (Like OOT Link) What I mean is, how about a female that could have triforce of courage (Like Link's daughter or something)

The reason why it wouldn't work is because, Link as one person, is a huge video game icon so if this idea was poorly executed, it might damage his reputation.

Link is an established character. The hero could be just about anyone, and "Link" is a generic stand-in that represents all the best traits of all the "real" heroes involved in these adventures (whether they be someone like Rusl or Colin or Groose or Pippit or or Ralph or whoever else). But it's still pretty clearly established what Link is. A female hero would be a new character. She may also be a stand-in like Link, representing all the best traits of all of the "real" female heroes (who may be someone like Ashei or Telma or Karane or whoever else). But she would be her own unique representation of the hero, not a Link.

On a larger and more general note, Nintendo has given themselves room to do pretty much anything with the series if they're willing to embrace the more open interpretation of Demise's "curse". The "blood of the Goddess" = the royal bloodline = anybody descended from her, not just the young female descendants. The part about "spirit of the hero" could be talking about a concept of "fighting spirit" instead of one specific person's reincarnated soul. It could refer to just about anybody with the courage, skill, and determination to pull off the impossible in defense of the kingdom. And of course Demise himself is only connected to this through "an incarnation of his hatred". It sounds like his malevolence is an integral force of nature. It was bigger than himself and could not be destroyed with him. It lies hidden deep in the darkest pits of the souls of all life and it waits for the right conditions to grow larger and consume a soul in darkness, creating a monster that will desire the destruction of Hyrule.

It doesn't always have to keep coming back to the same characters to play out the conditions of this eternal struggle. It isn't about Zelda, Link, and Ganon. It's about the royal family, their most loyal defenders, and the villains that might come at them from just about anywhere.

I only called it Female Link because I didn't know what else to call it at the time I was typing lt. You said exactly what I was trying to get out. A female could be her unique representation of the hero. I don't exactly see how it is a genderbend when it is a new character.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#587lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 3:33:41 PM
Chokusetsu posted...

No thank you. If you want something like that go play Soul Caliber or some other game that sexualizes nearly every female character.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#59Mattatron42Posted 8/3/2013 3:37:27 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...

I like the Demise theory of being created through the collective soul's darkness, and think the opposite could be true for the hero. This could open up the possibility of multiple heroes and villains representing different aspects of humanity.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#60ChokusetsuPosted 8/3/2013 4:02:13 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
Chokusetsu posted...

No thank you. If you want something like that go play Soul Caliber or some other game that sexualizes nearly every female character.

And you think Link in OoT and TP weren't intentionally made to be good looking.

So many knight-wannabes on the internet.
---
De arimasu