I do not understand why people buy PS and XB consoles..

#1kingbadjoPosted 8/3/2013 3:38:23 PM(edited)
Hey I'm a PC-Nintendo gamer. I do not understand why people buy PS and XB consoles. The people that love those systems keep talking about graphics and online play, but the thing is a PC does all that stuff WAAAAY better.

Their next gen graphics are our current gen graphics, their sales cannot compete with steam, and our online...well... its FREE. Goodness.

PC does EVERYTHING much better than what XB/PS does. Now looking at Nintendo. They are not really competing in these regards. They don't go around talking about specs and online. They offer a MUCH different experience.

PC: Online, graphic, third party, ZILLIONS of exclusives, Dark violent games, MODS.
Nintendo: Local play, Nintendo games, new play controls, Parties, colorful artistic games.

If you have these 2 you have EVERYTHING.

Now I would like to believe that xbox/playstation are a sort of middle ground, but they're not. They are just weaker PC's with almost the same library. Barely any games have good local play, can't be used at parties to get everyone involved etc... They are just too close to PC's but can't do anywhere near as much.

Not only that. MODS ON PC GAMES ARE AMAZING! The things people can do to innovate the experience on PC games are absolutely amazing. and something you are missing out on if you play these multi platform games only on PS/XB1.

Now If there was a multi platform game, I would buy it if it was on a WiiU first JUST because i'd like to see how innovative the controls are (since gameplay > graphics imo), and if it's not I'll get it on a PC because PC just does everything better than a PS/XB.

Discuss.

I can only really understand buying one for games like last of us, uncharted, gow, etc.. But that's not enough to by the system at full price. Maybe after a few price drops on the system.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2UponADarkThornePosted 8/3/2013 3:39:05 PM
Nowadays, I'd agree with you, for the most part.

At the same time, back in the day, there were some great games on the first two PlayStations. In fact, the PS1 is likely tied with the SNES as my favorite system ever.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#3suprsoliderPosted 8/3/2013 3:39:36 PM
Does PC have

Metal Gear Solid 1-4 and Peace Walker - NOPE
GTA V - so far not coming
Red Dead Redemption - NOPE
God of War - Nope
Ratchet and Clank - NOPE

I could go on.

I have no problem with PC games and PC gamers. But there are games console owners get that PC don't and that is why I buy the consoles.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#4BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/3/2013 3:43:08 PM
kingbadjo posted...
Hey I'm a PC-Nintendo gamer. I do not understand why people buy PS and XB consoles. The people that love those systems keep talking about graphics and online play, but the thing is a PC does all that stuff WAAAAY better.

Their next gen graphics are our current gen graphics, their sales cannot compete with steam, and our online...well... its FREE. Goodness.

PC does EVERYTHING much better than what XB/PS does. Now looking at Nintendo. They are not really competing in these regards. They don't go around talking about specs and online. They offer a MUCH different experience.

PC: Online, graphic, third party, ZILLIONS of exclusives, Dark violent games, MODS.
Nintendo: Local play, Nintendo games, new play controls, Parties, colorful artistic games.

If you have these 2 you have EVERYTHING.

Now I would like to believe that xbox/playstation are a sort of middle ground, but they're not. They are just weaker PC's with almost the same library. Barely any games have good local play, can't be used at parties to get everyone involved etc... They are just too close to PC's but can't do anywhere near as much.

Not only that. MODS ON PC GAMES ARE AMAZING! The things people can do to innovate the experience on PC games are absolutely amazing. and something you are missing out on if you play these multi platform games only on PS/XB1.

Now If there was a multi platform game, I would buy it if it was on a WiiU first JUST because i'd like to see how innovative the controls are (since gameplay > graphics imo), and if it's not I'll get it on a PC because PC just does everything better than a PS/XB.

Discuss.

I can only really understand buying one for games like last of us, uncharted, gow, etc.. But that's not enough to by the system at full price. Maybe after a few price drops on the system.

I think all the consoles will deliver a good experience but in a way I do agree that in terms of graphics and online play people overlook PC for some reason. I enjoy my Wii U and probably will be my main and only console. I think once people become fans of one company in particular brand loyalty trumps anything else.
---
Greatness comes from within
#5Mattatron42Posted 8/3/2013 3:46:54 PM
I just like owning consoles, although I completely acknowledge the merits of PC gaming. It may be that I always grew up with consoles over PCs as a kid, or the collector in me.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#6jackorhoadsPosted 8/3/2013 3:48:11 PM
Certain games like the tales of, metal gear and final fantasy (well before 13 anyway) but right now I'm not convinced to get a ps4. I'll likely cave in time but I'm at a point now where its only a few franchises I care about like Zelda or Sonic (yeah I care about sonic lol)
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#7big_pimperPosted 8/3/2013 3:48:35 PM
Agreed. Psbox is just a fail gaming pc I lol at the fan boys who argue over specs
---
Keep Hustlin' Cus
PC+Wii U+ 3DS XL Master Race
#8jairusmonillasPosted 8/3/2013 3:50:32 PM(edited)
PC gaming has always been about League of Legends, Dota, World of Warcraft, and Battlefield the rest are better on Playstation or Xbox.

Most online PC games are "HACK FEST" if you want to face godlike players with aimbots, wallhacks and everything its the worse experience.

Oh and KH3 and FFXV is not coming to Wii U. too bad you need to buy ps4 or xbox one.

Although its obvious to me there's no such thing as Wii U and PC combo, its probably just Wii U and using PC as bait.
#9fhsfootball74Posted 8/3/2013 3:55:18 PM(edited)
Maybe its because you can't play

Metal Gear Solid IV&V
GTA V
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Gran Turismo
Forza
Halo 4
God of War
Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain
littlebigplanet
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
inFamous
Gears of War 2-3, Judgement
Tales of Xillia
Dragons Crown
Beyond Two Souls
Journey
Knack
Tales of Vesperia
Killzone
Resistance
Demons Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Ni No Kuni
Yakuza
Sly Cooper
Crackdown
Fable II
Halo Reach
Lost Odyssey
Project Gotham Racing
Disgaea
Motorstorm
Dead or Alive

shall I continue?

/topic
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#10CapnStankyPosted 8/3/2013 3:54:25 PM
I'm gonna go fire up Red Dead Redemption on my PC...wait a minute! LOL pc gaming.