are we really at an age where

#11PedrotacopacoPosted 8/3/2013 9:22:22 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
People are taking things out context. If they had read what Iwata had said, well...who am I kidding, they still would rag on Nintendo.

Anyway, Iwata said games are not like art in a specific way. With art, you're trying express an idea and hopefully engage the audience but not necessarily try to appease the audience. With video games, that doesn't fly. If people don't like a video game, the developers and publishers failed.

Thank you at least someone is smart.
#12eibonPosted 8/3/2013 9:23:10 PM
zalmute posted...
This gen devs will bleed, but its ok, 8 gb ddr5 right?

I think you mean GDDR5. there is no DDR5, DDR4 is the bleeding edge currently, but it's still in development. if you buy a new PC now you'll be getting DDR3.
#13CelestialMindPosted 8/3/2013 9:25:11 PM
Pedrotacopaco posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
People are taking things out context. If they had read what Iwata had said, well...who am I kidding, they still would rag on Nintendo.

Anyway, Iwata said games are not like art in a specific way. With art, you're trying express an idea and hopefully engage the audience but not necessarily try to appease the audience. With video games, that doesn't fly. If people don't like a video game, the developers and publishers failed.

Actually he's 100% wrong.

Art has always been created to please audiences. Why do you think most art from the middle ages is religious and compliments religious figures/the church? That's what would sell in the day and that's the only reason it was so.

If you think famous painters weren't after money, boy do you need a wakeup call.
#14DiscostewSMPosted 8/3/2013 9:36:53 PM
CelestialMind posted...
Pedrotacopaco posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

Actually he's 100% wrong.

Art has always been created to please audiences. Why do you think most art from the middle ages is religious and compliments religious figures/the church? That's what would sell in the day and that's the only reason it was so.

If you think famous painters weren't after money, boy do you need a wakeup call.

I know what you had for breakfast this morning.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DMSNZM48L._SY300_.jpg
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15Tsutarja495Posted 8/3/2013 9:37:36 PM
CelestialMind posted...
Nintendo is not "making" anything. They are just copying and pasting the same games and tweaking a few features and slapping a 50-60 dollar price tag on them.

Nothing wrong with that. Minimal work, minimal cost to them, highest cost to us they can get away with = maximized profits. It's the ideal way of doing things.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#16deimos91Posted 8/3/2013 9:41:50 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

Exactly i am fine with games when they do themselves as art but as long as they remember they are games first because pretty art with crap gameplay is not a 60$ product
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#17IcedEarthaholicPosted 8/3/2013 9:43:58 PM
CelestialMind posted...
Nintendo is not "making" anything. They are just copying and pasting the same games and tweaking a few features and slapping a 50-60 dollar price tag on them.

**LOL** Hey Celestial, spare me the sob story about copy/paste, just about every company does this, no exception to that rule buddy. The fact that you're pointing out Nintendo as if to say they're the only ones who do, that's hypocritical. The only difference is that Sony and MS are good at disguising rehashes with a new character, and that's just sad.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#18Tsutarja495Posted 8/3/2013 9:45:23 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

Another thing is that he was saying Nintendo games aren't made to be art, he wasn't saying that no video game developer could make video games that are art.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#19HayashiTakaraPosted 8/3/2013 10:15:31 PM
eibon posted...
zalmute posted...

I think you mean GDDR5. there is no DDR5, DDR4 is the bleeding edge currently, but it's still in development. if you buy a new PC now you'll be getting DDR3.

Sony drones like to believe the PS4's memory is super duper awesome... when it's just a low power consumption mobile memory.
#20zalmute(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 11:29:24 PM
The age where people buy games to play them is dying. Many new games look more like attempts to make interactive movies and shove cut sceenes down our throat.
---
PC + WiiU.