I think this is Nintendo's last gen with consoles

#31TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:53:26 PM
Gamespoht posted...
What the hell made you people so mad that, you want Nintendo to drop out the console race, did they kill your parents or something?

Sony and Microsoft are the "big boys"?, then how come most of thier fanbase are whiny, annoying biased 12-15, who believe that their consoles will always win,and who are annoying little graphic whores, who loves to toot thier own horn when any Sony, praising ALL that Sony had to offer for the past 20 years.

1. Yet another person who can't read, I never said I wanted Nintendo to drop out the console race. If you weren't talking to me (which I doubt but I'm giving you an out here) then disregard this.

2. If you don't consider Sony and MS to be the big boys of next gen, you're living in an alternate reality. You may not like it, and that's fine, but that's the way it is. Wii U is seen as the Toyota in a competition with Mercedes and BMW.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#32TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:58:38 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Bloodychess posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Most people aren't taking them seriously and considering the Wii U as "next gen."

Have you been following video games for only a year or something? Wii faced the same scrutiny.

And no one's taken Nintendo seriously since N64.

I know that, hence the whole paperweight comment. The difference is the Wiimote brought in tons of customers initially. The Wii U isn't seeing that same success. I already said this in my initial post, read it before you try to make a smart remark.

its just ur perspective is wrong.

As much as Nintendo consoles are the ones u buy for Mario, Zelda games. Sony is what u buy for Uncharted, Little Big Planet, God of War and Microsoft is what u buy for Halo, Gears of War.

Difference is.....that Nintendo franchises outsell those on Sony/Microsoft consoles. More ppl want to play Nintendo franchises then Sony/Microsoft franchises combined.

They are not the "big boys". Nintendo is THE big boy. This is the house they built. Nintendo is WWE. Sony is WCW and Microsoft is TNA

Nintendo is the constant.

Do u even realize how much $$$$$ these dudes have? Mario Kart Wii sold more than any stupid game on the other consoles. Every AAA, "big boy" title. Outsold by Princess peach on a go kart.

Lol ok if you say so, that's why everyone is talking about Sony and MS while Nintendo isn't even in the discussion 9 times out of 10. WCW being non-existent aside, it's more like Sony and MS are WWF vs. WCW (or vice versa) in the late 90's while Nintendo is ECW.

I love Nintendo as much as the next guy but let's be realistic here.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#33Fimble_the_magePosted 8/3/2013 10:04:17 PM
TC obviously doesn't 'get' Nintendo.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#34zaakroPosted 8/3/2013 10:09:49 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Bloodychess posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Most people aren't taking them seriously and considering the Wii U as "next gen."

Have you been following video games for only a year or something? Wii faced the same scrutiny.

And no one's taken Nintendo seriously since N64.

I know that, hence the whole paperweight comment. The difference is the Wiimote brought in tons of customers initially. The Wii U isn't seeing that same success. I already said this in my initial post, read it before you try to make a smart remark.

its just ur perspective is wrong.

As much as Nintendo consoles are the ones u buy for Mario, Zelda games. Sony is what u buy for Uncharted, Little Big Planet, God of War and Microsoft is what u buy for Halo, Gears of War.

Difference is.....that Nintendo franchises outsell those on Sony/Microsoft consoles. More ppl want to play Nintendo franchises then Sony/Microsoft franchises combined.

They are not the "big boys". Nintendo is THE big boy. This is the house they built. Nintendo is WWE. Sony is WCW and Microsoft is TNA

Nintendo is the constant.

Do u even realize how much $$$$$ these dudes have? Mario Kart Wii sold more than any stupid game on the other consoles. Every AAA, "big boy" title. Outsold by Princess peach on a go kart.

Lol ok if you say so, that's why everyone is talking about Sony and MS while Nintendo isn't even in the discussion 9 times out of 10. WCW being non-existent aside, it's more like Sony and MS are WWF vs. WCW (or vice versa) in the late 90's while Nintendo is ECW.

I love Nintendo as much as the next guy but let's be realistic here.

They are being realistic. When a company has 11+ billion in the bank and no debt there is no reason for said company to drop out of a profitable business. When they are not making a profit and build up a lot of debt and are going to go bankrupt then they should bail.
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#35GamerguymassPosted 8/3/2013 10:11:07 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I don't care who blocks/ignores me. If you aren't capable of seeing an opinion you don't agree with and talking about it like a mature adult, then I don't care to deal with you anyways. Grow the **** up, it's just video games.

You don't get to act indignant and try and play the "mature adult" card when you used the term 'big boys' in your original post.

Also you clearly know nothing about the video game industry. Nintendo has made a profit on every single console they have made. Regardless of how much or how little it sold. Saying you want them to stop making console would be saying you want them to stop making money. Half their money is from console hardware sales.

If anything MS and/or Sony should give up. MS has apparently yet to make a profit from the XBox line at all, and Sony lost all the money from the PSX and PS2 when they made the PS3. If the PS4 were to bomb they are done with consoles most likely.

"Big boys" is an old ass term, if you didn't know that already then you're either really young or spend hardly anytime interacting with people in the real world. What a strange way of measuring someone's maturity...

Also, I stopped reading at "you want them to stop making consoles" because I didn't say that at all. You just told me you can't read properly so there's no point in going back and forth with you.

I find it ironic that you claim I can't read properly when you clearly didn't read what I wrote. I didn't say anything about your maturity. I said you can't claim the "be a mature adult" bs people often claim when you use a term such as big boys. Yes its an old ass term, that is only used my young kids/teenagers, or just really immature people in general. No one uses that in the "real world" either except you apparently. I seriously doubt you are older then me.

And you can ignore what I wrote all you want, I know people that dislike Nintendo make it a habit of ignoring facts, but that doesn't stop it from being true. Nor does it change the fact that you implied you wanted them to leave the console business. You can make the "I never said" claim all you want, it doesn't change it from being what you desire though.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
So far this game sucks.
#36IcedEarthaholicPosted 8/3/2013 10:14:03 PM
zaakro posted...

They are being realistic. When a company has 11+ billion in the bank and no debt there is no reason for said company to drop out of a profitable business. When they are not making a profit and build up a lot of debt and are going to go bankrupt then they should bail.

And take the rest of gaming with them, when Nintendo dies, gaming will die with them and it will be a slow, painful death to boot. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in an alternate dimension. Seriously, I think the one who needs to grow up is the guy saying "If you can't take an opinion..." and yadda yadda yadda. Stupid is as stupid does, BTW, Nintendo confirmed they're doing R&D on their next console, if that doesn't say something, I dunno what will.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#37METALINGUS5150Posted 8/3/2013 10:15:25 PM
If Nintendo dies, gaming won't die.
Same goes for microsoft and sony.
#38TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:16:36 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I don't care who blocks/ignores me. If you aren't capable of seeing an opinion you don't agree with and talking about it like a mature adult, then I don't care to deal with you anyways. Grow the **** up, it's just video games.

You don't get to act indignant and try and play the "mature adult" card when you used the term 'big boys' in your original post.

Also you clearly know nothing about the video game industry. Nintendo has made a profit on every single console they have made. Regardless of how much or how little it sold. Saying you want them to stop making console would be saying you want them to stop making money. Half their money is from console hardware sales.

If anything MS and/or Sony should give up. MS has apparently yet to make a profit from the XBox line at all, and Sony lost all the money from the PSX and PS2 when they made the PS3. If the PS4 were to bomb they are done with consoles most likely.

"Big boys" is an old ass term, if you didn't know that already then you're either really young or spend hardly anytime interacting with people in the real world. What a strange way of measuring someone's maturity...

Also, I stopped reading at "you want them to stop making consoles" because I didn't say that at all. You just told me you can't read properly so there's no point in going back and forth with you.

I find it ironic that you claim I can't read properly when you clearly didn't read what I wrote. I didn't say anything about your maturity. I said you can't claim the "be a mature adult" bs people often claim when you use a term such as big boys. Yes its an old ass term, that is only used my young kids/teenagers, or just really immature people in general. No one uses that in the "real world" either except you apparently. I seriously doubt you are older then me.

And you can ignore what I wrote all you want, I know people that dislike Nintendo make it a habit of ignoring facts, but that doesn't stop it from being true. Nor does it change the fact that you implied you wanted them to leave the console business. You can make the "I never said" claim all you want, it doesn't change it from being what you desire though.

> "I didn't say anything about your maturity"
> "I said you can't claim the 'be a mature adult' bs"

Well, safe to say you can't even read what you write. I'm certainly done with reading your posts.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#39DynheartPosted 8/3/2013 10:29:14 PM
I don't get the reasoning behind this thread.

Nintendo should be looked at as a whole. But they're not. They are torn apart to fit arguements day in and day out.

Wii U isn't doing so well this gen? That's fine, because the 3DS is. combined, as a company..how it should be (not the whole console vs console petty sales wars/console wars...but Nintendo as a company).

A few gafs along the way, but they still managed a profit with the Wii U selling a mere 160K in 3 months. Sega? They couldn't. Sony and Microsoft? They couldn't all 7th gen until 7th gen was on it's way out. But they, as a company, rely on more than just gaming. There's your kicker. Nintendo? Games and more games. Maybe a chess board game here and there.

Nintendo will continue to make money. They will continue to be different, and that's that. They'll probably do some major changes...but they'll still stay Nintendo...with a new console. Weather the cool gamers like it or not, they are here to stay.

They would have to go through at least two gens with out making profit at all to the way of the Sega. Iwouls suspect they would pack up and say bye/cut their losses before that happens. Too much pride.

Pride...One of Nintendo's greatest strengths, and also their greatest weakness.
---
Currently playing: Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii), Kingdom's of Amalur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
#40dennis941012Posted 8/3/2013 10:32:15 PM
Show me what I am uninformed about. You do that, and I'll retract whatever it is. As far as I know, most of what I said is fact. As for that argument thing, you react the way you want. That's your problem, not mine. No reason to argue over such a trivial matter. Discuss, yes.

Well first of all your tone from the start is trollish.

Most people aren't taking them seriously and considering the Wii U as next gen.

You already implied your personal opinion as fact.
They're looking at the big boys Sony and MS as next gen

Posted general fact as if it was new found negativity. Most if not all people buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games long before Wii U
while the Wii U is seen more as that console to get so you can play Mario, Zelda, etc.

Made false assumption when Wii U already sold more than 360/PS3 in same time period. What is terrible is current sales not total sales.
Even the sales are abysmal despite getting a year long head start.

Completely unrelated to previous statement and no mention wii before.
The Wii sold so much more but that was mostly because the whole wagging the Wiimote thing was one step closer to the virtual reality games people have looked forward to for decades.

Another bogus personal opinion
Then it turned into a paperweight for most while they played their PS3 or 360. Wii U is already suffering the same fate before its next-gen counterparts get released.

Nintendoom since dawn of civilization
I really do expect Nintendo to go the way of their old rival Sega when it comes to consoles.

If you really think that successful "next-gen" console will be PS4 and Xbox1 and they will get Nintendo to give up console market you are delusional. Both systems launch title looks mediocre at best and their best games won't arrive until much later just like almost every launch window in history of consoles. If you want to judge Wii U's performance wait a year or two when it finally get some games going.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzwNvWsbJKQ