Something I noticed about Mario games recently...

#1Watt64Posted 8/3/2013 10:41:33 PM
They all run on the same engine! NSMB2 and U both run on the same engine as NSMBW, and 3D Land and 3D World both seem to run on the same engine.

Mario 64 has a unique engine. Why can't other Mario games?
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#2DiscostewSMPosted 8/3/2013 10:43:23 PM
Just to note, N64 OoT ran on an improved Mario64 engine. I would not be surprised with Nintendo reusing engines and improving on them each time for newer games.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 8/3/2013 10:43:45 PM
You mean the sequels to certain games share the game's engine?

Color me surprised!
#4Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:44:40 PM
AhnoldDood posted...

Color me surprised!

Well then, why can't there be a new Mario game that isn't a sequel?
---
#5Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:45:10 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Just to note, N64 OoT ran on an improved Mario64 engine. I would not be surprised with Nintendo reusing engines and improving on them each time for newer games.

That's really interesting...
---
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 8/3/2013 10:45:27 PM
3d land uses a modfied galaxy engine, which is a modified sunshine engine, which uses a modifed mario 64 engine i think you can see where im going with this.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7deimos91Posted 8/3/2013 10:46:06 PM
Watt64 posted...
They all run on the same engine! NSMB2 and U both run on the same engine as NSMBW, and 3D Land and 3D World both seem to run on the same engine.

Mario 64 has a unique engine. Why can't other Mario games?

Proprietary engines cost a fortune and are time consuming Look at Rage it could have been done a heavily modified ID tech 4 and still looked as great but they used time to make ID tech 5 and it took them a long time to do so
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 8/3/2013 10:46:32 PM
Watt64 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Color me surprised!

Well then, why can't there be a new Mario game that isn't a sequel?

3D Land wasn't a sequel. And I don't think Sticker Star is either.
#9Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:48:28 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
3d land uses a modfied galaxy engine, which is a modified sunshine engine, which uses a modifed mario 64 engine i think you can see where im going with this.

I don't believe that Sunshine uses a modified SM64 engine. They feel nothing alike. In SM64, Mario feels like he weighs something, and he moves quickly and fluid. In SMS, Mario feels lighter, and less fluid. He also jerks around a lot, and the physics are really wacked out.
---
#10soarcadiaPosted 8/3/2013 10:49:21 PM
Watt64 posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

I don't believe that Sunshine uses a modified SM64 engine. They feel nothing alike. In SM64, Mario feels like he weighs something, and he moves quickly and fluid. In SMS, Mario feels lighter, and less fluid. He also jerks around a lot, and the physics are really wacked out.

Do you know what an engine is?
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony