Wii U needs account-based accomplishment system

#21DifferentialEquationPosted 8/4/2013 2:11:53 PM
It depends on how they're done. I think the trophies for just progressing through the game is ridiculous. I do kind of like the ones where you have to do odd things within the game to get them (like stay airborne a certain amount of time).
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#22R_HunterPosted 8/4/2013 2:12:46 PM
DTY3 posted...
You shouldnt need an "incentive" to play a ****ing video game. You play them for fun. That's your "incentive".

There you are. Add it in, but allow it to be disabled. I could care less about getting a virtual "WHOO!" for doing something in a game.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#23AsuirPosted 8/4/2013 2:15:12 PM
"Achievements" have become an industry standard at this point. Nintendo is remiss to not add a similar system.
---
Ftw!
#24SegavsCapcomPosted 8/4/2013 2:20:14 PM
If achievements and trophies are your incentive to play a game, then the game designers have failed.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#25dark trunksPosted 8/4/2013 2:20:42 PM
DTY3 posted...
You shouldnt need an "incentive" to play a ****ing video game. You play them for fun. That's your "incentive".

Exactly. I already have a friend who won't play any game that does not involve achievements or trophies. If it doesn't feature trophies, you can forget trying to get him to play it. The sad thing is, he had openly admitted to enjoying what he has seen of some Wii U games, but he won't even consider buying the machine. Why? Because he can't get trophies.

He has also admitted that trophies have ruined games for him. Every game he plays he is obsessed with getting 100%. I forget which game it is, but I remember one game he absolutely hated it once he hit 100%, and he did like it when he bought it.

Personally, I gave up on achievements and trophies years ago. The last time I tried to get every achievement in a game was Assassin's Creed II, and after the stress of that, I told myself I'd never bother again. I lost any interest I had in the game by the end of it.

So I'm fine with the Wii U having no form of achievements or trophies. If the game is fun, that's my incentive to keep playing. Getting 100% in Lego City was fun, and kept me going. Getting the fruit in Pikmin 3 is fun, and that kept me going. But an achievement for fighting 2,000 enemies is not fun to me.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#26fissionprimerPosted 8/4/2013 2:23:51 PM
ROLF no, this is something i agree Nintendo with, they are useless. Minority cares about those crap.
---
I'm handsome too ;)