Its not that nintendo sucks or makes bad games, its the TERRIBLE Line up

#11nickvd8Posted 8/6/2013 7:49:00 AM
DTY3 posted...
At least Timesplitters is on that list.

Literally the second coming of Goldeneye.
#12Infinity8378Posted 8/6/2013 7:50:22 AM
PS4 launch lineup?
#13mitchmurphy187Posted 8/6/2013 8:24:40 AM
The last launch I was really stoked on was Gamecube.

I bought 6 games that day and 2 the following month:

Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Monkey Ball
SSX Tricky
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Pikmin
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wii U's launch wasn't too bad. The only thing that bugs me with Nintendo is it seems like they sparingly release titles every year.
#14aDRE8Posted 8/6/2013 8:26:18 AM
To be fair, the PS2 had a number of great games come out in the first 9-12 months. The Wii U just got its first great game after 9 months.
#15TrueKirbyPosted 8/6/2013 9:16:23 AM
TTT was brilliant.
---
Fission Mailed
#16_Sovereign_Posted 8/6/2013 9:24:56 AM
TC, remember that some titles were pushed back so more 3rd party titles could have the limelight, so to speak. Those 3rd party titles never came, with the exception of a few. EA canceled all but what...3? Ubisoft delivered 2 titles at launch and moved what could have had a huge potential impact on Wii U back until September ( GTA and Pokemon....good move /sarcasm) and Capcom gave a MH enhanced port.

The most unique game we got from launch until Game & Wario came out I believe was Lego City. Now the 1st party games are really going to start rolling out, and it's a good time to buy a Wii U. Honestly, I wouldn't want all their offerings at launch, especially with how 3rd parties tend to treat Nintendo.

Of course, this launch was much better than the 360, PS3, Xbox, & PS2...in my opinion of course.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#17DontMindIfIDoPosted 8/6/2013 9:30:19 AM
I really miss the days when systems launched with fewer games, but better quality ones. I'm not even sure the PS4 line-up is anything special. Killzone is basically Sony's New Super Mario Bros U. Driveclub looks good, but it's going to have to compete with Gran Turismo 6. Knack looks bad, plain and simple.

Everything else just looks like cross-gen ports. Not something I'm really interested in buying a new system for.
#18Dragonfist17Posted 8/6/2013 9:36:49 AM
The GC launched a whole year after PS2. During that gap you could get such PS2 titles as:

Dark Cloud
Devil May Cry
Gran Turismo 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Guilty Gear X
Half Life
Ico
Kessen
Kessen 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Onimusha: Warlords
Red Faction
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Ring of Red
Silent Hill 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Twisted Metal Black
Zone of the Enders

Within a month after the GC release, PS2 received two amazing RPGs:

Final Fantasy X
Shadow Hearts

The PS2 might have had a shaky launch, but it immediately made up for it, something Nintendo needs to do desperately.
#19EndgamePosted 8/6/2013 9:43:02 AM
yeah, PS2 really was all quantity no quality

.....but this topic is about Wii U, which has neither quality OR quantity
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#20TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 8/6/2013 9:58:14 AM
Endgame posted...
yeah, PS2 really was all quantity no quality

.....but this topic is about Wii U, which has neither quality OR quantity

Don't quite agree with the no quality part of PS2, especially with how much I loved Midnight Club. Keep in mind that was either the first or one of the first local multiplayer cruise around the city type of games.

But yeah, you're definitely right about the Wii U. I loved Mario U because I always love 2D Mario games but I felt like I was playing the Wii version all over again. They could've at least made the world different. I also looked forward to Game and Wario because I LOVED playing Smooth Moves on the Wii with other people. Then I found out they pretty much gutted te multiplayer and focused more on giving us some Nintendo Land type mini games instead.

So far, the only games I'm really impressed with are Pikmin when it comes to multi and Monster Hunter for single player. I have to go back to my ps3 for really good single player games, which makes me feel like I shouldn't have been so trusting of Nintendo.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D