There is one Wii U design decision that I think was truly foolish

#1jayj420Posted 8/4/2013 2:55:28 PM
The lack of analog triggers. I still have no clue as to why Nintendo removed analog triggers but it was a terrible decision.
#2Baha05Posted 8/4/2013 2:55:51 PM
Ehhh
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3TonyWonderPosted 8/4/2013 3:00:12 PM
There's no point in Analogue triggers.
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/4/2013 3:00:52 PM
I'm not sure if terrible is the right word, but I do believe it was a mistake, especially if they intend to have GameCube games available on the VC.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5Kromlech06Posted 8/4/2013 3:01:56 PM
I agree. The problem started with the classic controller on the wii, continued from there. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Life goes on at least. If NFS:MW U can still be fun without analog triggers for gas, I guess it wasn't that important of a feature.

Not having the thinner shield in Brawl (and I assume SSB4) was a disappointment though!
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#6Baha05Posted 8/4/2013 3:02:23 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
I'm not sure if terrible is the right word, but I do believe it was a mistake, especially if they intend to have GameCube games available on the VC.

Well does the Pro Controller have the same issue? And as cynical as this is I bet Nintendo will just release a $20 Wireless GC controller. Hell to double their profits have an adapter so the Wii can also use it.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#7Kromlech06Posted 8/4/2013 3:04:21 PM
Baha05 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

Well does the Pro Controller have the same issue? And as cynical as this is I bet Nintendo will just release a $20 Wireless GC controller. Hell to double their profits have an adapter so the Wii can also use it.

The Pro U does not have analog triggers either.

Wavebird U.
The thought of this just made my day.

(or you know, whatever it needs to be called to avoid that lawsuit that killed the wavebird)
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#8Baha05Posted 8/4/2013 3:06:11 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
The Pro U does not have analog triggers either.

Wavebird U.
The thought of this just made my day.

(or you know, whatever it needs to be called to avoid that lawsuit that killed the wavebird)

Huh never knew there was a lawsuit over the Wavebird.
---
#9ZiggletoothPosted 8/4/2013 3:08:16 PM
The worst Wii U design decision was the Wii U
---
He feared that his home should appear to Gods and men.
Dreadful, dank and hated even by the Gods. Hades -Iliad 20.64-65
#10jayj420(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 3:12:22 PM(edited)
TonyWonder posted...
There's no point in Analogue triggers.

I beg to differ. In racing games, or anything that requires you to control a throttle in general, it becomes immediately obvious how triggers are needed.

Plus, even Nintendo themselves managed to make good use of triggers in their first party games. I mean just take Mario Sunshine for example.