Wii U game pad is a failed experiment. Wii HD would have sold better.

#1devastatorX2Posted 8/5/2013 5:42:52 PM
Pikmin 3 controls better using the wii mote and nunchuk than it does using the gamepad.

Another failed use of the gamepad controls.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#2Baha05Posted 8/5/2013 5:43:28 PM
Lol no
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3player_of_godsPosted 8/5/2013 5:46:47 PM
Nintendo revolution eould be much better, 4k graphics... A real controller...
---
Casual Gamer = Call of duty people who agree: 20
#4Magic_MenacePosted 8/5/2013 5:47:48 PM
if they really thought it would have been a "failed experiment" all they would probably have to do is patch the support out and maybe slightly update the OS and get the owners to buy a Pro controller and start bundling the pro controllers instead of the gamepad...but i dont think anyone sees any need for this
---
Wii U NNID: MagicMenace
3DS FC: 4253-3847-6597
#5Baha05Posted 8/5/2013 5:48:49 PM
player_of_gods posted...
Nintendo revolution eould be much better, 4k graphics... A real controller...

Too bad none of the 9th gen consoles are really going for that 4k resolution.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#6SegavsCapcomPosted 8/5/2013 7:50:54 PM
Yes, because all of the Wii U's woes can be pinned on the controller.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#7deimos91Posted 8/5/2013 7:51:40 PM
Magic_Menace posted...
if they really thought it would have been a "failed experiment" all they would probably have to do is patch the support out and maybe slightly update the OS and get the owners to buy a Pro controller and start bundling the pro controllers instead of the gamepad...but i dont think anyone sees any need for this

---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#8FenderMasterPosted 8/5/2013 7:56:01 PM
devastatorX2 posted...
Pikmin 3 controls better using the wii mote and nunchuk than it does using the gamepad.

Another failed use of the gamepad controls.

They should have just made the same box as Sony and MS and let the games do the innovating, not the second screen.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#9mashuPosted 8/5/2013 7:58:20 PM
It's easy to second guess now. I'd prefer better hardware with a pro controller and the possibility of a future, new 3DS-like handheld capable of doing some or all of what the gamepad can do - even just better hardware would go a long ways - but that is looking at the here and now. Give it a year and quite possibly more games will utilize the gamepad in creative ways and there would be no reason to criticize.
#10SlimeSwayzePosted 8/5/2013 7:58:42 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Yes, because all of the Wii U's woes can be pinned on the controller.

You could argue that it can be. Nintendo could have stuck with their traditional $250 price point, the system would be easier to market, it would be more familiar and consumer-friendly for Wii owners who already have wii-motes, and Nintendo could arguable have prepared more software in the initial launch window if they were working with a controller they were already familiar with and not having to implement Gamepad features that so far haven't shown to add very much to the gameplay outside of a few minigames that use it well.

A cheaper system that is more consumer-friendly, more familiar to your target audience, and potentially has more software would arguably make for a much more successful console.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.