Digital titles for $60 (same as retail) is ridiculous...

#41Baha05Posted 8/5/2013 8:53:54 PM
Rockman043 posted...
It's not a petty argument. If you ask any gamer with a brain they'll tell you the current digital distribution system is a joke.

"so I can pay $60 for a game with a disc that will always be in my possession and I can lend to my friends or trade in if I decide I dislike it and I get a box that costs money to make as well as a full manual

orrrrrrr

I can pay $60 for a digital download that is no longer use to me once they shut the servers down nor can I get rid of it or transfer it"

Your response is

WELL MICROSOFT AND SONY DO IT HURF DURF

oh great, you're the reason that we still have to deal with this bs

That's not the point of my argument, my argument is that this complaint is old, it does not need to exists. Yes Physical trumps Digital in a case like this but that was not the issue at hand THE ISSUE AT HAND WAS NINTENDO CHARGING FULL RETAIL PRICE ON SOME GAMES, AND TC BEING SURPRISED BY IT.

That not something you make topics on, it makes one look like they have lived under a rock for an entire generation of gaming.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#42Thunderbird8Posted 8/5/2013 8:55:08 PM(edited)
Rayman Legends $40 on steam $60 on wii u

Rayman Legends doesn't have a price set on the eShop as of yet (though it probably will be $60, just like the PS3 and 360 versions are). Also, publishers determine these prices, probably for both the consoles and Steam.

I did a bit of digging around, and the PC version of Rayman Legends can also be purchased for $40 off of Ubisoft's site. So blame them for these prices, not the console makers.
#43Rockman043Posted 8/5/2013 8:55:50 PM
Well actually there does still need to be discussion on it. You act like it's been a business practice for decades when in reality this practice has only been around for a few years. If everyone had your attitude the US would still be under british rule
#44Baha05Posted 8/5/2013 8:58:01 PM
Rockman043 posted...
Well actually there does still need to be discussion on it. You act like it's been a business practice for decades when in reality this practice has only been around for a few years. If everyone had your attitude the US would still be under british rule

Not really considering 2006-2013 isn't a few years, but even then a few years is long enough time anyhow to get that new digital games sometimes get full retail prices.

Also no, your analogy is just stupid.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#45JKatarnPosted 8/6/2013 9:04:36 AM
Baha05 posted...
Rockman043 posted...

Not really considering 2006-2013 isn't a few years, but even then a few years is long enough time anyhow to get that new digital games sometimes get full retail prices.

Also no, your analogy is just stupid.

Who would have thunk it...someone posting on the internet has only a tenuous grasp of logic/reality.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#46_Sovereign_Posted 8/6/2013 9:16:25 AM
MotiJr posted...
Baha05 posted...
MotiJr posted...
Guess you've never seen games on demand on Xbox live or PSN

Hell even Steam has new titles priced at $60 for some games.

Exactly. Why would Nintendo, ms, Sony etc. Price games lower than retail? Retail stores would get annoyed that they are losing sales to the digital market and will then refuse to stock products from those companies. It's suicide.

I think it's more like why would these companies price it any cheaper when all the DD supporters are steady paying full price??? They are cutting costs, and by that definition games should be cheaper ( lower cost, wider audience) but since people are so ready to get rid of physical copies they are paying that price.

The most recent example I've seen of a cost difference was NSLU, where the retail copy is released later with a higher price point that reflects the extra cost of packaging, shipping, labor, etc.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#47MotiJrPosted 8/6/2013 9:20:21 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
MotiJr posted...
Baha05 posted...
MotiJr posted...
Guess you've never seen games on demand on Xbox live or PSN

Hell even Steam has new titles priced at $60 for some games.

Exactly. Why would Nintendo, ms, Sony etc. Price games lower than retail? Retail stores would get annoyed that they are losing sales to the digital market and will then refuse to stock products from those companies. It's suicide.

I think it's more like why would these companies price it any cheaper when all the DD supporters are steady paying full price??? They are cutting costs, and by that definition games should be cheaper ( lower cost, wider audience) but since people are so ready to get rid of physical copies they are paying that price.

The most recent example I've seen of a cost difference was NSLU, where the retail copy is released later with a higher price point that reflects the extra cost of packaging, shipping, labor, etc.

My point applies mainly to the EU. Retail games like Pikmin can be bought in a store for about 35 to 40. Digitally, the game is 50
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#48ChokusetsuPosted 8/6/2013 9:28:39 AM
It is, but they're not gonna charge less than physical stores and piss off retailers that are still a big help to advertise their products to people who don't live in the internet.
---
De arimasu
#49ZeroArcheryPosted 8/6/2013 9:49:12 AM
Thunderbird8 posted...
Rayman Legends $40 on steam $60 on wii u

Rayman Legends doesn't have a price set on the eShop as of yet (though it probably will be $60, just like the PS3 and 360 versions are). Also, publishers determine these prices, probably for both the consoles and Steam.

I did a bit of digging around, and the PC version of Rayman Legends can also be purchased for $40 off of Ubisoft's site. So blame them for these prices, not the console makers.

Rockman isn't open to having a discussion, he's too busy flinging insults not realizing how idiotic he looks.

We could present facts, charts, biographies, documentaries, research, studies, interviews, whatever, he'd still cling to Steam like it's his child.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua