POLL: will we hear a "please understand" in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct?

#51TuxityPosted 8/6/2013 11:38:13 AM
Mario 3D world delayed to add online.
Mario Kart 8 launches in Decembre to compensate.
#52Jacob46719Posted 8/6/2013 11:41:27 AM(edited)
__Cam__ posted...
A. Mario Kart 8 delayed.
B. Super Smash Bros. delayed.
C. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds delayed.

yay for more content
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#53FayeLadyPosted 8/6/2013 11:44:53 AM(edited)
ZeroArchery posted...
FayeLady posted...
People are waiting it out anyhow. So not cutting the price is costing them sales.

What are you basing that off of? You've been throwing a ton of things out there lately that makel ittle to no sense.

Where has anyone other than the few regulars here said they're waiting for a price cut? The majority here have said they're waiting for titles they want to come out before they buy it. With no new games in months that's worthwhile, anyone who's interested in teh current library has already got the console.

If they cut the price they can work on accessories and attach ratio to make that money back. Third parties will also take note if the platform becomes competitive again, and they wont need to do all that work alone.

They saw from Sony that's not the way to go.

What am I basing it off of? Current sales. No one is buying the system at the current rate. Stores are taking hits just to move the units off the shelf.

You are right to a point. Anyone interested in the current library at the current price has already got the console.

I'm not quite sure which Sony product are you referring to. The Vita has only dropped in price in Japan, where it had a positive effect on sales. I'm sure you aren't insinuating that lowering the PS3's price point was a bad idea that shouldn't be followed after.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#54TerotrousPosted 8/6/2013 11:48:30 AM
ZeroArchery posted...
Cutting the price is the worst thign they can do right now.

They already have one console that did that, doing that would literally ruin their reputation.

It's not really that unusual for hardware to see it's first price drop at the 1 year mark. I would expect some kind of Black Friday bundle at least (which is effectively akin to a price drop if the price stays the same but you get more for your money).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#55icarus231Posted 8/6/2013 11:54:39 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
ZeroArchery posted...
I honestly think Nintendo has gotten far more outcry and hatred than even Microsoft did with the Xbox One.

How would you feel if you bought a Wii U at launch, only to have all the interesting "launch window" games delayed several months? And then hear Iwata say "please understand, making HD games is hard!"

At least Nintendo could do an ambassador program to reward their most loyal fans, rather than rubbing salt in their wounds.

Agreed. Aw sweet Rayman Legends on launch day!? Oh it got delayed to Dec. 9, well its not that bad. Wait its February 28 now? well i guess they just needed a little more time to make it better... Yeah, 1 more week until Rayman comes out, time to preorder from Best buy! *Gets back home reads Rayman news on internet* "Rayman Legends delayed and PUSHED BACK TO FALL!? to release at the same time with other versions???" WTF! Well at least theres still Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 coming out soon....wait...what?

Rayman had nothing to do with Nintendo. Also why would anyone want a rushed game. If they need more time to make the game great they should take it.

IT WAS NOT RUSHED IT WAS READY TO BE RELEASED, THE ONLY REASON IT WAS DELAYED WAS TO MAKE MULTIPLAT VERSIONS

Sorry for the confusion I caused you those were 2 separate responses.
---
NNID: Icarus231