Are people afraid to own 2 consoles?

#41shadowkratos774Posted 8/6/2013 10:13:50 PM
Wildspark posted...
StrongBad456 posted...
I've pretty much always owned both a Sony and a Nintendo console at the same time throughout my gaming history.

---
You will give the people an ideal to strive towards...
But in time, they will join you in the sun.
#42game freakozoidPosted 8/6/2013 10:54:38 PM
While I've always owned a Nintendo console and I may pick up the Wii U, if anything this past generation has shown me that the best combination is Sony + PC. Many of the first party Nintendo titles fell extremely flat this generation IMO.
#43LightbornePosted 8/6/2013 11:12:56 PM
jaymart_2k posted...
Not me I own multiple consoles.

Why limit yourself to one platform?

I think either a they can't afford it so they find reason to let nintendo make them feel special and troll any other system because they only play games without a story.
Or b pure nostalgia which can make people ignorant.

Hek I like oldschool to for example I just bought blood dragon but I'm not going around and ssying its superior to all other shooters because it isn't targeted with 80s style action movie cliche ideas.
#44KCJ5062Posted 8/6/2013 11:50:08 PM(edited)
Nope. All the systems I've owned/currently own

NES
SNES
Gameboy
Game Gear
Genesis
Sega CD
PSX
N64
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Wii
PS3
3DS

Yes I admit, I was spoiled as a kid. But now I can buy what I want.
#45mcsmellingtonPosted 8/7/2013 12:46:03 AM
Just because you can afford a console, doesn't mean it's worth it. I can afford a Wii U, and own one. I still think it was overpriced and a waste of money though. I'd sell it if I could, but unfortunately the Gamepad has taken some cosmetic damage, which would cost 85 for Nintendo to fix it.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#46METALINGUS5150Posted 8/7/2013 12:52:06 AM
No, the answer is simple, some people can't afford it. However people should really research what they want so that they can make an informed choice so that they don't regret what they buy.
#47FayeLadyPosted 8/7/2013 4:37:28 AM
Most gamers can afford any console they want, but that takes funds away from games. The current price of a Wii U will get someone 15+ games for their current systems.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#48JackalPosted 8/7/2013 4:38:23 AM
Hector_Sass posted...
Jackal posted...
It can be an expensive hobby and some of us go a bit overboard. But it really comes down to finances or what one just wants to buy.

Old Stuff before Xboxes:
http://tinyurl.com/kj7t7mw

Newer stuff:
http://tinyurl.com/lfjgudm

PC's for gaming and other stuff:
http://tinyurl.com/kghu5uz

Oh man, I'm so jealous of you, that stuff looks so mad!

Thanks. I gave away just about everything in the first picture including my 2 Xboxes to my Nephews when I got the PS3. Except for the import stuff which is the second pic. Now I just have the Slim PS3 and Ouya setup. The Phat PS3, DC (JPN), Wii (JPN) and PS2s (US and JPN) are boxed up. The PC's were built for video editing, 3D and general multimedia stuff but I mostly use them to play Eve Online. There is also a PC, my HTPC (Home Theater PC) in the picture with the consoles. It's on the right side above the controllers.

It's time to do some PC upgrading too but I'll plan that for later this year. It's going to be pricey but it won't interfere with my PS4 funds.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz