Why don't Nintendo make their hardware on pair with PS and XB?

#17lightsXIIIPosted 8/6/2013 10:38:03 PM
It can't be too hard considering how Nintendo got billions in the bank. If Nintendo made the Wii U on pair with the PS4 and X1, the Wii U wouldn't have to miss out on a lot of great third party titles. This is little frustrating considering the Wii U could benefit from those games and it could stop the port begging. Not to mention, third parties wouldn't have a excuse not to develop/port games to the Wii U unless they openly dislike Nintendo (Also, the whole low install base wouldn't be a excuse either when many anticipated games are released. Pikmin 3 help sold a million consoles in Japan alone, through it is a niche game in the west.)

So Ninty, why not make your hardware powerful? (I hope you guys read these boards.)
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#2AngurvadalPosted 8/6/2013 10:42:20 PM
What would be the point? The system would cost more for us, and Nintendo has shown they don't need powerful hardware to make fun and great looking games.

Even if they went all out and had a machine more powerful than Xbox One and PS4, it would be outclassed by a middle of the road gaming PC in a year.
---
Words of wisdom from Guybrush Threepwood:
http://tinyurl.com/cell59d
#3Lwaxana_TroiPosted 8/6/2013 10:43:42 PM
Angurvadal posted...
What would be the point? The system would cost more for us, and Nintendo has shown they don't need powerful hardware to make fun and great looking games.

Even if they went all out and had a machine more powerful than Xbox One and PS4, it would be outclassed by a middle of the road gaming PC in a year.

This. All those "great third party titles" are going to be released on PC, and they'll be even better than their console counteparts. Only casuals buy non-exclusives on consoles.
#4FlyinTonitePosted 8/6/2013 10:44:39 PM
They could of, but they were wise not too. Sorry, third party support would of been stronger to start but once again, nintendo purchasers have generally bought mostly first party titles leaving third parties to seek greener pastures.

nintendo was never going to get a lot of third parties back, they will survive on first party titles and nifty third party exclusives.
---
Pc gamer/nintendo fan
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, sli asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 16 gb ddr3, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#57lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 10:45:05 PM
Angurvadal posted...

I think I just explained that. :P
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#6dark trunksPosted 8/6/2013 10:54:48 PM
For all the flack Nintendo gets for not making their console on par with the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, can you imagine how annoying it would actually be if we had three consoles that did the exact same thing? It's bad enough the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are, for the most part, very similar spec wise. I can see first party games taking advantage of any difference in power, but not third party games.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I don't really want to have to pick between three consoles that have the same specs. In fact, if we ever see the day when we do have three consoles on the market with the same specs, I can't see it ending well.

So I'm fine with the Wii U being the way it is. I'll buy my PS4, I'll have my PC and I'll be happy enough with that. The fact is, the same as any other generation, the deciding factor will be decided by each consoles exclusives. I'd dare say even more now if the difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 is as small as they say it is.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#77lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 11:10:48 PM
dark trunks posted...
For all the flack Nintendo gets for not making their console on par with the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, can you imagine how annoying it would actually be if we had three consoles that did the exact same thing? It's bad enough the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are, for the most part, very similar spec wise. I can see first party games taking advantage of any difference in power, but not third party games.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I don't really want to have to pick between three consoles that have the same specs. In fact, if we ever see the day when we do have three consoles on the market with the same specs, I can't see it ending well.

So I'm fine with the Wii U being the way it is. I'll buy my PS4, I'll have my PC and I'll be happy enough with that. The fact is, the same as any other generation, the deciding factor will be decided by each consoles exclusives. I'd dare say even more now if the difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 is as small as they say it is.

While they may have the same specs, they would be different. You wouldn't have to pick between them because they have the same specs, but you have chose between them because of the games. Nintendo pretty much got first party to differ the Wii U from the X1 and PS4.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#8GoombaXPosted 8/6/2013 11:11:53 PM
hell, i always get all 3 systems anyway. Its nice to have one that is different.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2(PS3), SMTIV, Dark Souls(PS3), Skyrim(PC), Pikmin 3
#9soarcadiaPosted 8/6/2013 11:13:23 PM
Consoles have lost their indentity save for nintendo. Xbone=ps4 except for a couple of exclusives.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony
#10wugeezyPosted 8/6/2013 11:21:52 PM
GameCube was on par with the Xbox and ps2 and it didn't do as well. Guess it just doesn't matter. They are going to get hate regardless.