Why don't Nintendo make their hardware on pair with PS and XB?

#11zaakroPosted 8/6/2013 11:24:45 PM
Nintendo tried it and it didn't work out for them so they went another route.
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#12cloudtheprophetPosted 8/6/2013 11:48:06 PM
So you're telling me that Wii U would have their first party games and all of the multiplat releases too? Why would you need two consoles like most people like to have? Sounds to me like Nintendo is doing Sony and Microsoft a favor by being content on being most peoples alternative console.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#13METALINGUS5150Posted 8/6/2013 11:53:32 PM
The power of the Wii U is good enough for Nintendo and that's what matters to most fans, however good enough for Nintendo probably won't be good enough for third parties because they will want to have more power. Also people act like that because Xbox and PS are the "same" in terms of hardware that they will get less innovative games. The innovation is in the software itself, not the hardware.
#14LightHawKnightPosted 8/6/2013 11:55:18 PM
Waste of money. And it makes games sucky. Since having all that power, for some reason makes developers want to focus on graphics and waste money on that instead of good gameplay and story. If I want super realistic graphics, I shall look out my window, or hell even better, go outside.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#15CasualGamersPosted 8/6/2013 11:59:51 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Waste of money. And it makes games sucky. Since having all that power, for some reason makes developers want to focus on graphics and waste money on that instead of good gameplay and story. If I want super realistic graphics, I shall look out my window, or hell even better, go outside.

This. especially about the pay about going outside. I don't get the obsession with graphics and lighting and whatever.
#16james_hellerPosted 8/7/2013 12:12:33 AM
In ways, I want Nintendo to go all out spec wise, but we need something different then that sometimes. Even though I plan on getting both a Xbone and PS4, I realized something...

They are almost the same damn console!

Aside from exclusives and a SLIGHT spec differences, all the MS and Sony fanboys fighting is kinda of funny, when you realize neither console really differentiates itself.

Anyway, my two cents from a person who plays console and PC.
---
Xbox Live GT: Relentless x757