If you think Wii U is selling bad

#61gnomelord255Posted 8/16/2013 8:06:04 AM
Let's take a look at Xbox One's launch titles.

Multiplats, including 360 and PS3, **also on PC

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag**
Battlefield 4**
Call of Duty: Ghosts**
Watch Dogs**
Just Dance 2014
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes**
Skylanders: Swap Force

Sports games get a special mention because they are mostly 60$ yearly roster updates with nearly 0 changes between them. They are also ALL MULTIPLATS that are on last gen hardware.

Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
FIFA 14

Multiplats that span to last gen hardware do not sell systems. You will never have people say "oh yeah, I bought my Xbox for the new version of Madden, that was also on my Xbox 360." Why do you think EA kept making software on the PS2 until 2012?

So now that that mess is out of the way, what will sell the Xbox One? The only thing that moves units: exclusives. Here are your three launch exclusives people:

Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Ryse: Son of Rome

A free to play fighting game that people will pass off as a Street Fighter clone, a string of quick time events that you don't even need to input to pull off, and a racing franchise that rivals Gran Turismo.

Note: the easiest way for developers to get non-adopters of the new systems to buy the new systems, and thus lower dev costs but not having to support older hardware, is by sabotaging the s*** out of the older versions. EA did this with the Wii U version of Fifa 13. They packaged Fifa 12 as Fifa 13, sold MISERABLY, and then blamed it on the Wii U and used it as a catalyst to stop developing for it.

When you start to see reports of the 360 version of any Xbox One multiplat "having framerate issues and making it unplayable" it has nothing to do with the hardware.. that's sabotage to get you to upgrade.
#62aDRE8Posted 8/16/2013 8:11:09 AM
gnomelord255 posted...
Let's take a look at Xbox One's launch titles.

Multiplats, including 360 and PS3, **also on PC

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag**
Battlefield 4**
Call of Duty: Ghosts**
Watch Dogs**
Just Dance 2014
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes**
Skylanders: Swap Force

Sports games get a special mention because they are mostly 60$ yearly roster updates with nearly 0 changes between them. They are also ALL MULTIPLATS that are on last gen hardware.

Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
FIFA 14

Multiplats that span to last gen hardware do not sell systems. You will never have people say "oh yeah, I bought my Xbox for the new version of Madden, that was also on my Xbox 360." Why do you think EA kept making software on the PS2 until 2012?

So now that that mess is out of the way, what will sell the Xbox One? The only thing that moves units: exclusives. Here are your three launch exclusives people:

Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Ryse: Son of Rome

A free to play fighting game that people will pass off as a Street Fighter clone, a string of quick time events that you don't even need to input to pull off, and a racing franchise that rivals Gran Turismo.

Note: the easiest way for developers to get non-adopters of the new systems to buy the new systems, and thus lower dev costs but not having to support older hardware, is by sabotaging the s*** out of the older versions. EA did this with the Wii U version of Fifa 13. They packaged Fifa 12 as Fifa 13, sold MISERABLY, and then blamed it on the Wii U and used it as a catalyst to stop developing for it.

When you start to see reports of the 360 version of any Xbox One multiplat "having framerate issues and making it unplayable" it has nothing to do with the hardware.. that's sabotage to get you to upgrade.

You forgot one of the most important launch titles: Dead Rising 3.
#63Neo_HeartlessPosted 8/16/2013 8:11:34 AM
Ryan Si posted...
Even though PS3/360 and high prices will slow sales on PS4/XBO, I'm willing to bet both consoles sell more in six months than Nintendo has of Wii U in it's entire first year.

PS3 has a pretty good year ahead. Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Symphonia HD, Final Fantasy XIV, Gran Turismo 6, Grand Theft Auto V, Metal Gear Solid V, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Battlefield 4, Lost Planet 3, Rayman Legends, another Call of Duty...the list goes on..

These are all very good games, and because of that I need to ask.

Why should I even buy a PS4 when it launches, when it won't be able to play any of these games? I'd rather stick to the PS3, thanks.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#64SlimeSwayzePosted 8/16/2013 8:20:23 AM
gnomelord255 posted...
So now that that mess is out of the way, what will sell the Xbox One? The only thing that moves units: exclusives.

The 360 became a success because it became the console of choice for multiplatform titles. Lots of people will buy an Xbone to play CoD:Ghosts on a next gen platform. It might help move more Xbone units than all of Nintendo's exclusives will help move Wii U units this holiday.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#65SlimeSwayzePosted 8/16/2013 8:21:41 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Ryan Si posted...
Even though PS3/360 and high prices will slow sales on PS4/XBO, I'm willing to bet both consoles sell more in six months than Nintendo has of Wii U in it's entire first year.

PS3 has a pretty good year ahead. Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Symphonia HD, Final Fantasy XIV, Gran Turismo 6, Grand Theft Auto V, Metal Gear Solid V, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Battlefield 4, Lost Planet 3, Rayman Legends, another Call of Duty...the list goes on..

These are all very good games, and because of that I need to ask.

Why should I even buy a PS4 when it launches, when it won't be able to play any of these games? I'd rather stick to the PS3, thanks.

Maybe we'll find out at Gamescom next week.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#66CyborgTwentyPosted 8/18/2013 11:01:43 AM
Sales don't matter.
#67MushroomMuncherPosted 8/18/2013 11:11:25 AM
Wow. The trolls have had a field day showing their bias in this topic.
---
I'm the guy who glues his thumbs to his nipples and chases his cat around the house screaming RAWWR pretending to be a T-Rex.
~NCPwn
#68DDP886Posted 8/18/2013 11:23:02 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
Jacob46719 posted...
games

Battlefield 4? No thanks.

That's why Nintendo has zero third party support
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#69FenderMasterPosted 8/18/2013 11:26:44 AM
I think X1 will actually outsell both PS4 and WiiU. We may not acre for MS, but there's probably 20 million people out there who will buy a X1 just because all their friends play on XBL. It's MS greatest asset, that community will be reluctant to move to a new console where they can't play with their friends online.

But It won't happen until the console is < 400. 500 is just too much for mass market sales.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#701337gamerpr0Posted 8/18/2013 1:06:09 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...
I don't really understand why "Don't worry, ALL of the 8th gen consoles are going to suck" is supposed to be a comforting thought.

This is the generation that console gaming died.

if my console fails, then ALL of them will fail! /fanboy logic