Do you think any of the next gen systems will break wii's month sales record?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think any of the next gen systems will break wii's month sales record?
3 years ago#1
Back in December 2009 the wii set the record by selling 3.8 million consoles in 1 month a record that was previously set by PS2 at 2.7 million. Personally i dont think we will ever get a home console that beats the wii record.
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
3 years ago#2
No. I think the next gen will have the worst sales since the modern three came to being.
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
3 years ago#3
The One isn't launching Worldwide at the same time. The PS4 probably won't ship enough units to come that close. So neither will do that this holiday.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
3 years ago#4
forgot to add that the 3.8 million was just in the usa.
3 years ago#5
No. The Wii only cost $250 and was seen by many casuals as a toy. In some respects it was simply a massively popular fad, and I don't see the new consoles having that image and selling as much at their price point.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
3 years ago#6
ps4 will sell at least 4 million in the US, mark it.
3 years ago#7
joehult posted...
ps4 will sell at least 4 million in the US, mark it.

I want some of what he's having lol
NNID: cloudtheprophet
3 years ago#8
Wiiplayer111 posted...
No. I think the next gen will have the worst sales since the modern three came to being.

lol.

So much lol.
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
FC: 3582-9241-5705
3 years ago#9
Wiiplayer111 posted...

This. I think they will have a strong start then go into a slump (like most console launches to be fair).
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
3 years ago#10
BrusselsAffair posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

lol.

So much lol.

I actually agree the market is shrinking thanks to smart phones and tablets.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think any of the next gen systems will break wii's month sales record?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived