Iwata /atlus/unannounced games?

#1mlahodikPosted 8/11/2013 10:03:42 AM
I have been wondering what these unannounced games could be.
Is it possible Nintendo was planning on bidding /buying Atlus and didn't want their competitors knowing to not increase their interest in fighting for the company?

I can't think of how their competitors could use knowledge of just games being released soon, when games take so long to develop. I mean even if the competition found out about games and wanted to copy intends, how would announcing them now hurt? What could they do? They can't just copy the idea and pull it out of a magic hat in time to make a difference.

But..... If Nintendo had plans to acquire atlus, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't want others to know so the auction would go smoother. They could have known that they could outbid everyone else involved.

I suppose they could also have partnered with Sega and back them up to acquire atlus, knowing they would get games on the wiiu.

I don't know..... I'm just speculating, I'm not as informed as some of you are. So I'm asking, could this be the case? Realistically?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/29/nintendo-has-unannounced-wii-u-titles-set-for-release-before-2014-says-iwata/
---
FC: 4081-6350-3674 ; NNID: Mahrii
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2mlahodik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 10:54:22 AM
Boy this board moves fast sometimes.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3mlahodik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 12:12:25 PM
I might never find out.
---
#4steerepikePosted 8/11/2013 1:45:39 PM
I'm not really sure what you are asking.

The way that I understand when these types of things happen is that if, let's say Sony buys Atlus, then Atlus is still legally bound to honor their prior commitments. It ultimately doesn't matter who buys them. They will still make the products that they were working on. The only difference being, maybe, they just won't be exclusives anymore. In the case of FExSMT it would still be exclusive, but any "mystery project" probably wouldn't.
---
))<>(( forever.
#5ACDCrules1Posted 8/11/2013 3:10:08 PM
steerepike posted...
I'm not really sure what you are asking.

The way that I understand when these types of things happen is that if, let's say Sony buys Atlus, then Atlus is still legally bound to honor their prior commitments. It ultimately doesn't matter who buys them. They will still make the products that they were working on. The only difference being, maybe, they just won't be exclusives anymore. In the case of FExSMT it would still be exclusive, but any "mystery project" probably wouldn't.

Atlus would not be legally bound to honor their prior commitments. Let's say Sony bought Atlus. Atlus would not be allowed to finished FExSMT; they would have to cancel the project.
---
Newstalgia - a term used to describe people who are unopened to the idea that anything from the past is of any value; people who feel only the new is good.
#6ACDCrules1Posted 8/11/2013 3:13:55 PM
These unannounced games are more than likely something like the recently confirmed Call of Duty Ghosts. Games that are announced for others consoles, but haven't been confirmed for Wii u.
---
Newstalgia - a term used to describe people who are unopened to the idea that anything from the past is of any value; people who feel only the new is good.
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/11/2013 5:25:38 PM
Persona 5 has been in main development since 2011, so....
#8YamiYugi4400Posted 8/11/2013 5:26:47 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...

So it's not coming for the Wii U lol.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#9HemlockLegendPosted 8/12/2013 5:43:47 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...

No ****, Persona has only been on Sony consoles. It will probably be on Vita.
---
Too much circlejerking here. BRB D&D, Encyclopedia Dramatica, Jailbroken Wii, DSiXL and 3DS.
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/12/2013 11:02:06 PM
HemlockLegend posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...

No ****, Persona has only been on Sony consoles. It will probably be on Vita.

Why the Vita....? Most of Atlus' established fanbase is on the 3DS, which is the primary install base.