Why are people complaining about no achievement system?

#11gnomelord255Posted 8/13/2013 9:09:29 AM
Because without achievements, most Xbox and PS3 games would be about 4 hours long and get sold off a week later.

Oh wait, that already happens.
#12UponADarkThornePosted 8/13/2013 10:03:46 AM
The only game that used the achievement system in a neat way was the original Mass Effect, at least on the 360. Unlocking in game effects is pretty neat.

That being said, I don't understand why some people love them so much. It seems like half the people that love them play the game less for the love of the game and more for completion's sake. And that make me sad.
#13New LinkPosted 8/13/2013 10:09:59 AM
I never quite understood it myself. I've had a conversation like this more than once: "Hey you got an achievement!" "I know... it covered my radar." "You should pause the game right now and look at it." "...Why, do they unlock things?" "No... just to see what you got." "I got an icon for an achievement... just like the rest of them."
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#14SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/13/2013 10:15:59 AM
I blame the current school systems for telling them they are all great, and giving awards to kids that don't deserve crap so they don't feel like losers. So game makers to keep them coming back introduce these pointless achievements to further go off what was induced in school to make them feel special.

My nephew the other day I told him he sucked bad at COD, his retort was he had this and that achievement to prove he was good... I was like uhh all the achievements in the world still don't change the fact that you suck at it. He wasn't happy with me after that.
#15DeathSoul2000Posted 8/13/2013 10:43:40 AM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
I blame the current school systems for telling them they are all great, and giving awards to kids that don't deserve crap so they don't feel like losers. So game makers to keep them coming back introduce these pointless achievements to further go off what was induced in school to make them feel special.

My nephew the other day I told him he sucked bad at COD, his retort was he had this and that achievement to prove he was good... I was like uhh all the achievements in the world still don't change the fact that you suck at it. He wasn't happy with me after that.

not surprised. i'd hate to have you as an uncle.
#16Rasputin77Posted 8/13/2013 11:13:11 AM
"Why are people complaining about ________?"

WHO CARES.
---
Trolling = 'posting a message designed to get others mad enough to violate one of the other rules'
Because 'design' can be interpreted through a screen, right?
#17WillWarePosted 8/13/2013 11:15:08 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
"Why are people complaining about ________?"

WHO CARES.

You must be new here as well.
I know you're not, but you should know better.
---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Welcome to GameFAQs, where trolls are a feature, not a bug.