Why do people assume that Bayonetta 3 will be multiplatform if 2 does well?

#17lightsXIIIPosted 8/13/2013 2:38:12 PM(edited)
Yes, I know Sega still owns the IP but for all we could know, that contract could give Nintendo co-ownership of the franchise like what they did with Fatal Frame. (I doubt it through.) Look, If Bayo 2 does well enough that it warrants a sequel, I doubt that Nintendo is gonna let it go that easily.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#2Smaffl15Posted 8/13/2013 2:21:56 PM
Who knows what will happen considering Sega didn't even want to publish or fund a sequel at all, but I honestly believe Nintendo and platinum games could make this game be a huge game of the year contender, but I feel X will win that award hands down , imo
#37lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 2:32:21 PM
Smaffl15 posted...
Who knows what will happen considering Sega didn't even want to publish or fund a sequel at all, but I honestly believe Nintendo and platinum games could make this game be a huge game of the year contender, but I feel X will win that award hands down , imo

True. I'm just shock at the thought that people think that Nintendo is simply gonna let Bayonetta walk away that easily.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#4FayeLadyPosted 8/13/2013 2:36:12 PM
Define success. They are launching a sequel on a platform with a lot less gamers to sell to. I think they are to be commended if they can do as well as the first game.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5_Sovereign_Posted 8/13/2013 3:42:00 PM
If TW101 does extremely well, and Bayonetta 2 follows in its predecessors footsteps, Platinum may just join up with Nintendo similar to how Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch was to Sony.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#67lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 3:45:33 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
If TW101 does extremely well, and Bayonetta 2 follows in its predecessors footsteps, Platinum may just join up with Nintendo similar to how Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch was to Sony.

Bayonetta is owned by Sega. The whole Nintendo - Platinum - Sega contract must of give Nintendo some type of ownership, in that case Platnium might as well join up with Nintendo.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#7HaigicotsuPosted 8/13/2013 3:46:45 PM
I have never seen anyone say this before...
---
UMVC3 --Nemesis/Phoenix Wright/ Akuma
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/13/2013 3:49:04 PM
Bayonetta 2 may be bound to the Wii U due to Nintendo's involvement in development, but should the game make enough money, the possibility does exist that future installments in the series will expand to multiple consoles, so long as those future installments don't have similar involvement with Nintendo.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9lordofthenlpplePosted 8/13/2013 3:56:58 PM
Still a lot of things about Bayonetta I dont like. Gameplay mechanics are obviously good though. Its not a perfect franchise. But its gameplay most definitely stands out.
---
Liu Ye and Anais Martanehttp://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#107lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 4:02:12 PM
lordofthenlpple posted...
Still a lot of things about Bayonetta I dont like. Gameplay mechanics are obviously good though. Its not a perfect franchise. But its gameplay most definitely stands out.

I don't think this topic was about the gameplay.
---
...In a Sexual way...