Why hasn't Nintendo made a console sequel to Super Mario RPG for the Wii U?

#1ImperfectFearPosted 8/14/2013 9:09:27 AM
They make a million 2D and now even 3D Mario rehashes that sell millions and millions, yet they can't do this just because it won't sell well?

Nintendo needs to make a proper console style RPG game once again.
#2the_cajun88Posted 8/14/2013 9:14:35 AM(edited)
Because of Square, maybe?

Not only that, but Paper Mario (N64) was pretty much what we're getting in the way of a sequel to that game.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#321_21Posted 8/14/2013 9:14:49 AM
the_cajun88 posted...

You don't need Square, though, to make another Super Mario RPG. Most of the creativity behind Super Mario RPG was actually by Miyamoto, and Square just mainly helped out in developing.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
#4AceMosPosted 8/14/2013 9:16:58 AM
21_21 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...

You don't need Square, though, to make another Super Mario RPG. Most of the creativity behind Super Mario RPG was actually by Miyamoto, and Square just mainly helped out in developing.

sqr owns mallow geno ect
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5zaakroPosted 8/14/2013 9:18:48 AM
21_21 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...

Square owns the rights to a lot of the characters, so if you want a true sequel you will need square.
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#6Tsutarja495Posted 8/14/2013 9:20:11 AM
Paper Mario on the N64 is the sequel to Mario RPG. It was even originally titles Super Mario RPG 2. After that Paper Mario TTYD -> Super Paper Mario -> Paper Mario Sticker Star. That last one came out last year, give them some time.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#7KAMMYqueenPosted 8/14/2013 9:30:52 AM
ImperfectFear posted...
They make a million 2D and now even 3D Mario rehashes that sell millions and millions, yet they can't do this just because it won't sell well?

Nintendo needs to make a proper console style RPG game once again.

Paper Mario says hi
#8Mystical_NEETPosted 8/14/2013 9:33:28 AM
Mario RPGs = take effort and don't bring in tons of money.

Generic Mario rehash platformers = almost no effort at all and sell millions every time.
#9ImperfectFear(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 9:34:09 AM
Mystical_NEET posted...
Mario RPGs = take effort and don't bring in tons of money.

Generic Mario rehash platformers = almost no effort at all and sell millions every time.

My thoughts exactly.

Nintendo has no passion anymore, it's all about that easy money.
#10ORANGE666Posted 8/14/2013 9:51:27 AM
21_21 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...

Then what was the point of paying square that much money to make them a game? They would have done it themselves