Hey nintendo...how about some price drops for those of us who are digital only.

#1Tayl0rpwnzPosted 8/14/2013 4:11:44 PM
I'm aware of the digital promotion...but seriously...is there any reason for Arkham city, zombie u, etc to still be 59.99 when most titles can be bought physically for half the price new.
#2SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/14/2013 4:14:27 PM
Hey ask WB, or the makers of the games as they are the only ones that can OK price drops.
Nintendo just does what they say.
#3Thunderbird8Posted 8/14/2013 6:35:11 PM
Can you imagine the crap that Nintendo would get if they started changing the eShop prices on third party games without them asking for a price change? (Aside from any possible legal issues involved)
#4HellsDrunkardPosted 8/14/2013 7:47:06 PM
This is a big problem and without Nintendo fixing it they are making it hard to go digital. I want to buy NSMBU digitally, but I can get it on Amazon new for $45 or digitally for $59.99 + tax. The difference on some games is even larger than this. I understand that they can't really do anything about 3rd party prices, but they are entirely capable of putting their own products on sale. They are pushing digital and then making it all backwards (digital copies don't require shipment, plastic cases, paper manuals, a disk to be printed, yet they are more expensive).
#5LordBowserPosted 8/14/2013 7:56:22 PM
Don't blame Nintendo, blame the legal owners of said franchises.

I bought Arkham City on the steam sale a month ago for 5 dollars though, I saw no real benefit to paying 12x that much to own it on my Wii U.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#6FayeLadyPosted 8/14/2013 8:00:49 PM
I don't understand why people would go digital only and then complain that the one store they can buy games from is overpriced...
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7dborwegePosted 8/14/2013 8:04:40 PM
I am thinking the same thing... but to be fair... I can pre order Batman Origins, for $50, and Rayman Legends for similar on steam... but they are still $60 on all systems(when everyone knows that besides gamepad support the pc version will be better the ps360) whats up with that?
#8Tsutarja495Posted 8/14/2013 8:14:23 PM
Nintendo doesn't decide the price of 3rd party games on the Wii U. And for their own games, they'd be making retailers mad by undercutting them and drawing sales away.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#9gnomelord255Posted 8/16/2013 8:22:17 AM
FayeLady posted...
I don't understand why people would go digital only and then complain that the one store they can buy games from is overpriced...
#10ChokusetsuPosted 8/16/2013 9:23:22 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Nintendo doesn't decide the price of 3rd party games on the Wii U. And for their own games, they'd be making retailers mad by undercutting them and drawing sales away.

Yeah. Gotta let ScamStop happy and free to charge 2x the normal price on a new copy of a Nintendo game.
---
De arimasu