Is Mario milked?

#81Tsutarja495Posted 8/15/2013 7:04:00 PM
Yes, and I'm glad the series is. It sells extremely well, the highest selling franchise of all. So the more Mario games they pump out, the more money they make.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#82Starwars4JPosted 8/15/2013 7:05:59 PM
One two two 3D games per console generation
One 2D game per console generation

If that's milked, every series out there is milked to hell and back.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#83YamiYugi4400Posted 8/15/2013 7:08:09 PM
yes
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#84FaustXIIPosted 8/19/2013 7:12:30 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
FaustXII posted...
mmmm, I wouldn't mind milking Mario.. I'm sure Peach doesn't do a good job. Why doesn't she just go to Bowser? She knows she wants him. Yess.... Leave Mario to me...

ha, this is a fun person

Merci beaucoup ;)
#85TalentedMPosted 8/19/2013 7:17:13 PM
As much as Mickey Mouse, Ronald McDonald, The King, Taco Bell Chihuahua and any other mascot is/has been "milked".

He is the flagship character in charge of keeping Nintendo afloat and to be honest has been expected to deliver nothing but quality whenever he shows up.

It is a shame there are a lot of games that benefit from him being in them and some I feel only have him in it for the namesake. Which is giving him some flack, but personally I like him in the majority of the titles he is in.

He has a lot of pressure on his shoulders all the time, I usually give him a pass on the whole "being milked" thing.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#86NateRose89Posted 8/19/2013 8:17:43 PM
Mario is a brand. Its not being milked, its being advertised. Its no different to having McDonalds ads on every corner. Mario IS Nintendo.

Besides. I've enjoyed every single 2d and 3d Mario plat former ever made. As well as the RPGs and Paper Mario series!
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#87VyersPosted 8/19/2013 8:22:39 PM
Well, obviously. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be milked, but the fact is that Mario IS milked.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#88DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/19/2013 8:39:25 PM
Mario is milked like hell and there is no other correct response. Do you guys know what it means to be "milked"? He is being squeezed for all he is worth.

Mario is 100x worse than any other milked series out there. They go beyond series. Take a look at the Wii and look at ALL the games with Mario in it. Its a ridiculously long list, filled with many games that none of us would ever play and are absolute shovelware. However, they sell in the millions and better than high quality games because it has Mario in it.

What is NSMB without Mario? An overpriced XBLA game with nothing new to bring to the table.

What is Mario Kart without Mario and friends? A game that hasn't improved at all from over a decade prior.

What is Mario Sports Mix without Mario? A game that wouldn't have sold even 10k.

In all, there were 35 titles sold on the Wii that had the title Mario in it, many of the titles are their old games being resold. Out of that list, there is like less than 5 games worthy of their success and sales.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#89TalentedMPosted 8/19/2013 8:40:56 PM
I am actually disspointed noone made the obvious joke.

You can milk anything with nipples.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#90capturinggod200Posted 8/19/2013 8:41:28 PM
TalentedM posted...
As much as Mickey Mouse, Ronald McDonald, The King, Taco Bell Chihuahua and any other mascot is/has been "milked".

He is the flagship character in charge of keeping Nintendo afloat and to be honest has been expected to deliver nothing but quality whenever he shows up.

It is a shame there are a lot of games that benefit from him being in them and some I feel only have him in it for the namesake. Which is giving him some flack, but personally I like him in the majority of the titles he is in.

He has a lot of pressure on his shoulders all the time, I usually give him a pass on the whole "being milked" thing.

the taco bell dog stop being used over a decade ago dude hell I forgot about him so he shouldn't count anymore.