You cannot play Wii Remote games without the GamePad?

#1cs_shanePosted 8/15/2013 10:52:47 AM
Even when playing with the Wii Remote and/or Nunchuck combo, when the GamePad dies it pops up a message like "Communications with the GamePad have been interrupted. If the GamePad's battery is dead, please plug it in". So even games that really don't use the GPad, the console still need a resource draining accessory?

Why isn't anyone complaining about this? (Remembers the same thing with the Xbox One, where the Kinect was required and people complained).
#2FayeLadyPosted 8/15/2013 10:54:14 AM
So you plug it in and continue to play. The Wii U has many problems, but this is not one of them.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 8/15/2013 10:55:37 AM
FayeLady posted...
So you plug it in and continue to play. The Wii U has many problems, but this is not one of them.

If what he said is true, then yes, that is a problem since it doesn't properly and conveniently support that control scheme. I can't verify it myself as I use the Wii U Pro controller which doesn't have that issue.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#4cs_shane(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:54:14 AM
FayeLady posted...

"This is not one of them"? I won't listen when you complain that your GPad died during an online Mario Kart session and it caused you to get disconnected.
#5Jacob46719Posted 8/15/2013 11:57:40 AM
cs_shane posted...
FayeLady posted...

"This is not one of them"? I won't listen when you complain that your GPad died during an online Mario Kart session and it caused you to get disconnected.

@FayeLady in case you haven't figured this out yet, the red flashing light means you are about to run out of battery charge. Plug it in and continue to play before it runs out.
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#6Kromlech06Posted 8/15/2013 12:01:07 PM
Nitpick picnic. I'll bring the macaroni salad.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#7cs_shane(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 12:02:15 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
cs_shane posted...
FayeLady posted...

@FayeLady in case you haven't figured this out yet, the red flashing light means you are about to run out of battery charge. Plug it in and continue to play before it runs out.

Why are you quoting me?
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 8/15/2013 12:07:21 PM
Kromlech06 posted...

Not really. Same old ****, different console. Only difference is, previously you had one battery life to worry about between two controllers tethered by a wire. Now you have two controllers with separate batteries to worry about (one of which has a terrible battery life), even when you're not using one of them. Yeah, plug it in, but you shouldn't have to.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#9Kromlech06Posted 8/15/2013 12:08:20 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Kromlech06 posted...

Not really. Same old ****, different console. Only difference is, previously you had one battery life to worry about between two controllers tethered by a wire. Now you have two controllers with separate batteries to worry about (one of which has a terrible battery life), even when you're not using one of them. Yeah, plug it in, but you shouldn't have to.

You can bring the sandwiches.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#10Jacob46719Posted 8/15/2013 12:11:31 PM
cs_shane posted...
Jacob46719 posted...
cs_shane posted...
FayeLady posted...

Why are you quoting me?

because i'm lazy.
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO