Your reaction: Sony and Nintendo are brought my Microsoft

#31VyersPosted 8/15/2013 6:16:54 PM
How would Microsoft afford that. They would go belly under.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#32guedesbrawlPosted 8/15/2013 6:49:07 PM
*looks at rareware*
*cries*
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#33SampsonMPosted 8/15/2013 9:58:16 PM
Microsoft has more than enough money to buy both.

But they wouldn't.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#34lordofthenlpplePosted 8/15/2013 10:10:52 PM(edited)
I dont think they do. Sony has over 150 bill in real physical assets that they own. MS might be able to sell off their equity to try to match it. But such a major sell off would drop the value. The only choice is to leverage their assets. But then that means getting a loan. And then the banks would be the ones who really own it.

Anyways, its not just a case of numbers. If it had been that easy, Samsung would have bought out both Sony and MS.
---
Liu Ye and Anais Martanehttp://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#35SampsonMPosted 8/18/2013 10:43:46 AM
lordofthenlpple posted...
I dont think they do. Sony has over 150 bill in real physical assets that they own. MS might be able to sell off their equity to try to match it. But such a major sell off would drop the value. The only choice is to leverage their assets. But then that means getting a loan. And then the banks would be the ones who really own it.

Anyways, its not just a case of numbers. If it had been that easy, Samsung would have bought out both Sony and MS.

Sony's enterprise value (which is widely used as the metric for "takeover cost") is $20 billion.

No idea where you're getting $150B assets from.

Microsoft has $80B cash. Most of this is foreign, and I'm not sure of the exact details in terms of moving it country-to-country, but they could always borrow yen against their balance sheet if need be.

Microsoft is a much larger company than Samsung Electronics, who couldn't "buy them out." Although they might be able to do a leveraged buyout if someone had $100B to lend them.

I think people really underestimate the size of Microsoft. It's one of the biggest and most profitable companies in the entire world. There are literally only a handful of companies larger/more powerful (Apple, Exxon Mobile, Google, etc).
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#36the_cajun88Posted 8/18/2013 10:45:27 AM
I would stop gaming.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#37ThatPersonGuyPosted 8/18/2013 10:55:47 AM
But Microsoft again is primarily a software and hardware company, with Video Games an afterthought. Would they really put that much effort into buying out two companies for little gain. Considering that this would most likely involve one or both of said companies running into or close to bankruptcy, which means that they probably didn't have anything left to offer to begin with.
---
You can beat 'em up by any means or blow them all to SMITHEREENS, a favorite of this sentient machine!
#38IpsylosPosted 8/18/2013 10:56:57 AM
There would be an influx of people looking for new jobs due to the unwillingness to work for Microsoft and all the crap they bring to the table. I would just stick to PC and retro then, if M$ is the only people making home consoles, the industry would die within a decade.
#39bt0730Posted 8/18/2013 11:17:04 AM
I think you mean BOUGHT and that would never happen I highly doubt Sony who is already destroying Microsoft with this up coming launch would even be considered being bought by anyone Microsoft sucks look at their e3 they used Nvidia cards to run their games why not use the oh so powerful AMD cards??? you Microsoft fans are in for a big surprise this will be the end of Microsoft Sony or Nintendo might by them
#40ChokusetsuPosted 8/18/2013 11:19:16 AM
Would never happen.

MS offered 25b on Nintendo before, and was refused.

I doubt any offer would be accepted unless it was a ridiculous unreasonable ammount. And that's Nintendo alone. Adding Sony to it just makes it even more impossible.

There's not even any point in taking this as a rhetorical question.
---
De arimasu