Would the Wii U and other consoles still exist if Nintendo and Sony hadn't...

#17lightsXIIIPosted 8/16/2013 1:03:04 PM
Broken off their agreement in the 90's? Me thinks that Sony still would've pulled out of the agreement some time in the future.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 8/16/2013 1:05:36 PM
Sega would still exist if not for Sony.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/16/2013 1:06:37 PM
I'm sure things would be quite different if a mutually beneficial arrangement was agreed upon by Nintendo and Sony. In what way though, I couldn't predict.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4FayeLadyPosted 8/16/2013 1:07:45 PM
We wouldn't have the systems as they exist today, so its a good thing it happened. The SNES add on was a far cry from what the PS1 eventually became.

The sooner Nintendo stopped relying on carts the better it was for them, and the industry.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5GamerguymassPosted 8/16/2013 1:07:53 PM
Here is what I wrote in the other thread about FF7 that had to do with the subject. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote.

Gamerguymass posted...
Nintendo left Sony not the other way around. And from what I have read, apparently Nintendo didn't patent or copyright something to do with what they were both working on so after Nintendo left Sony took that and made the PlayStation. I mean think of it, basically if Nintendo's lawyer hadn't been a dumbass then there would never have been a PS. Which means no XBox most likely. Its very possible it could still be Nintendo vs Sega today. Though I doubt the industry would be making as much money or be as popular as it is now.

---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#67lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 1:08:25 PM
NovaLevossida posted...

Wait what?

Are you implying that the big 3 (Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony of course.) will become the big 4 with Sega?
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#7Stink_ApePosted 8/16/2013 1:09:13 PM(edited)
Me thinks that Sony still would've pulled out ...In a Sexual way

---
NNID:Skunk_Ape
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MXLXOt2.gif
#87lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 1:10:03 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
Here is what I wrote in the other thread about FF7 that had to do with the subject. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote.

Gamerguymass posted...
Nintendo left Sony not the other way around. And from what I have read, apparently Nintendo didn't patent or copyright something to do with what they were both working on so after Nintendo left Sony took that and made the PlayStation. I mean think of it, basically if Nintendo's lawyer hadn't been a dumbass then there would never have been a PS. Which means no XBox most likely. Its very possible it could still be Nintendo vs Sega today. Though I doubt the industry would be making as much money or be as popular as it is now.

So it was Nintendo's lawyer that F***** it up.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#9Go2ChurchPosted 8/16/2013 1:10:21 PM
The way I see it, the industry would have become a monopoly because Microsoft wouldn't have the balls to jump into the race if Nintendo and Sony had collaborated on a console.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 8/16/2013 1:14:15 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Wait what?

Are you implying that the big 3 (Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony of course.) will become the big 4 with Sega?

PS2 with DVD capability killed the Dreamcast for the most part. I don't think as inventive as Sony is that it would have mattered with Nintendo's design philosophy holding back innovation (look at the Gamecube's refusal to use DVDs compared to Xbox / PS2).
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL