Why did you buy a Wii U or why are you waiting to buy a Wii U?

#1WhiteKilla666Posted 8/16/2013 3:49:13 PM
I'm waiting for:

1. Account system to not be so anticonsumer
2. Region locking to go away
3. Games I want to buy (so far just Earthbound and Pikmin 3)

What about you
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#2FFXIgaiaknightPosted 8/16/2013 3:51:05 PM
i bought a wii u for

1. Nintendo games
2. off tv play is awesome
3. i wanted a new console as i was getting bored with my ps3 and wii
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight PSN: FFXIGaiaknight
#3ElectricMolePosted 8/16/2013 3:51:06 PM
1.Fatal Frame <3
2.Sammy Aran <3
3.Anything Monolith Soft makes. <3
3.Zelda
3.Hopes of Mother 4 <3

Thats why I bought Wii U. Not for Mario, thats for daaammn sure, son.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#4oOo_SOX_oOoPosted 8/16/2013 3:53:03 PM
I buy all my Nintendo consoles on day one, I was there for the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, 3DS, etc. I'm going to buy the console regardless so I might as well buy it soon that later. The only time I felt truly cheated was the 3DS price cut. That did bother me a lot.
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ
#5WhiteKilla666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 3:55:03 PM
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
I buy all my Nintendo consoles on day one, I was there for the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, 3DS, etc. I'm going to buy the console regardless so I might as well buy it soon that later. The only time I felt truly cheated was the 3DS price cut. That did bother me a lot.

You didn't buy the NES, GB, GBP, GBC, SNES, VB, GBA, GCN, GBA SP, GBM, etc on day one?
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#6wingo84Posted 8/16/2013 4:00:29 PM
I bought for ... well its Nintendo. Zelda mainly, but pretty much the majority of their franchises.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#7WhiteKilla666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 4:04:10 PM
I'd love to add Wind Waker HD to my list of good titles but from the screens and videos it's evident they are intent on ruining the game with terrible bloom.
---
#8AstralFrostPosted 8/16/2013 4:05:00 PM
I'm waiting to sell mine but nobody wants it. Been trying for months.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#9gnomelord255Posted 8/16/2013 4:09:47 PM
Primary reasons:
Nintendo games in HD, finally
Unique, exclusive third party games if Wiimotes are still supported in the future (like Red Steel 2 and MadWorld)

Secondary reasons:
Off TV play
Backwards compatible

Not really sure why you'd buy one otherwise.
#10NovaeGamerPosted 8/16/2013 4:12:01 PM
The biggest reason I bought it was Pikmin 3, because gonna-be-best-game-ever ect. (and I was only slightly disappointed by the game).
But of course the main franchises (Zelda/Mario/Metroid?) and not so "main"-franchises (Kirby/FE/"X"/paper mario?) were big factors.

For comparision, my reasons for PS4 are by now: "KH3","FFXV"(<-last chance for Squareenix),"Dark Souls 3?","Persona 5?"......and thats it, not a single other game on the horizon that I even remotely want to play

And just to be fair, my reasons for XOne "maybe its fun to destroy one"